Weathernoob335
November Discobs Thread

George BM

• WxUSAF pinned this topic
  • Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, losetoa6 said:

Gfs 0z Cobb output had 56.2 for Westminster. Actual high at my house was 54 before it dropped after lunch to 44 at 2pm.

Nice.  I love days in November that wind up being cold, cloudy and slightly windy.  Just something awesome about it.  Especially if you have a wood stove and a nice house in the countryside.

52 minutes ago, high risk said:

no one is calling for wedges, and if this were in early May, we'd correctly be downplaying it.    It's more of a "looking for any hint of potential" setup.   But it's looks like a low- topped line with big gusts is certainly a possibility.

That I will agree with. - We'll see what method we follow to failure this time ;)

78 as well here. 

Took a drive today out 66 then up 81 thru Winchester and west, then back Rt 50, 17 and 66 back home. Sadly, the foliage is so drab. Lower elevations, even here locally,  it's 'ok'...but it's strange seeing hill and mountain sides with nearly full leaf canopy, but no color other than light yellows and brown's. I know its past peak but was thru there last week as well and not much difference. That 6 week late August thru early Oct drought ruined it.

Carry on.

11 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Mini model war for end of week happening.  Gfs really backed off last 2 runs on the 3 day  cold snap..evident at H5... but Euro has held serve . 

850s

ecmwf_T850a_us_8.png

Gfs...some timing differences but you get the picture. You can add the Ukmet to the Gfs camp as well

gfs_T850a_us_25.png

A model on its own is usually wrong. The GFS lately has thrown out some outlier solutions at 6z however.

1 hour ago, C.A.P.E. said:

As long as its seasonably cool, it doesn't matter to me if we end up with a "less cold" stretch than modeled. Not like we are concerned about snow chances or anything this time of year. I am just so done with mid to upper 70s.

Agreed.  I don't need BN temps at this time of year; I just want some damn seasonal temps for more than 2 day stretches.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived