Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
November Discobs Thread

George BM

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, showmethesnow said:

Had some gust the last hour or two that had to have been in the 35-40 mph range. Didn't really see any rain to speak of though during the frontal passage. They seem to be dying down a little now though.

Yeah the  high wind machine turned on like a switch here, at the tail end of the heavier showers. I have all these trees close to the house so I can hear all the debris hitting the roof. It has died down a bit here too. For about 20 minutes it was impressive.

Had a 39 mph gust just before 2 am here, someone close by did better I'd guess as lost power from 2 to 5 am.

Only got 0.06 in the rainfall dept, but temps warmed after sunset all the way thru night until 1 am or so hitting a 60.8 high. Now down to 38.8 and falling still from the 39.9 at 7 am reading when I reported for the day.

Winds still a bit gusty at NW 15/28.

Some beautiful streamers NW of Virginia. Too warm anywhere near D.C to get snow. 46 here in McLean

Not sure, but I kinda assume anything that falls would be snow here too. Kinda surprised you're at 46, I'm at 42.

If the HRRR is right, some of this moisture just might make it to DC. If someone could guarantee that I'd probably stay up for it, lol.

Just now, NorthArlington101 said:

Not sure, but I kinda assume anything that falls would be snow here too. Kinda surprised your at 46, I'm at 42.

If the HRRR is right, some of this moisture just might make it to DC. If someone could guarantee that I'd probably stay up for it, lol.

I just got my weather station 8 days ago, and it says it takes 8-10 days to calibrate. It's typically spot on on the highs, and a few degrees behind on the low temps. My area seems to typically be colder, so I'd guess it is 41-42 degrees here

4 minutes ago, wxtrix said:

surface temps don't dictate precipitation type (apart from the obvious one of freezing rain).  it can snow when it's above 32F at the surface.

Of course, but of course it's still tough for any snow to get past Leesburg. I'm hoping they head SW, but nothing I'll stay up all night for

6 minutes ago, Cobalt said:

Of course, but of course it's still tough for any snow to get past Leesburg. I'm hoping they head SW, but nothing I'll stay up all night for

Spending time with my family in lower southern Michigan.  SHSN all day.  No one is impressed or excited except me.  My brother said it basically does this all winter.  We get excited for flurries.  All about perspective.  

24 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

And we will wake up from another possible  hard freeze Thursday am .Looking forward to the winter feel ...and best of all no freaking shorts and tanks..lol

Next Monday has a shot at being the coldest day of the season so far. Maybe low-mid 30s for highs across the area.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived