Weathernoob335
November Discobs Thread

George BM

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Cobalt said:
58 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

My life goal is to win the mega-ultra lottery and then buy TWC and restore the Local on the 8s to its former glory.

That's incredible. Someone just now needs to bring back the old Local on the 8s that ran from like 2008-2013

TWC's local on the 8's forecasts from earlier 2000's was the best. I become nostalgic whenever I see them.

"Currently the temperature is 48 degrees under partly cloudy skies"......

Really it is 48F w/ partly cloudy skies IMBY.

19 hours ago, Eskimo Joe said:

If you like that link, check this out.  You can download the client and run it on your desktop.  Great to run during big snowstorms!  http://www.taiganet.com/about

Weird, whenever I try to run it, my computer just kills the program. I checked task manager, and ran my antivirus, and it doesn't seem like anything wrong should be going on

4 hours ago, Cobalt said:

Weird, whenever I try to run it, my computer just kills the program. I checked task manager, and ran my antivirus, and it doesn't seem like anything wrong should be going on

Yea it's buggy and you gotta pour over the READ ME file.  It took about 4 hours to get working on my PC...I'm running the emulator in our EOC on the side monitor.  I'll post a picture sometime it's pretty slick.

46 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Yea it's buggy and you gotta pour over the READ ME file.  It took about 4 hours to get working on my PC...I'm running the emulator in our EOC on the side monitor.  I'll post a picture sometime it's pretty slick.

Yeah, the manual did no help. I tried to google the issue, and it didn't help either. I only got to see the config home page pop up for about half of a second before being killed by my computer 

Bwi blows out another forecast low. 35 forecast with 30 as actual low.

Yeah. When I left BWI area last night, my car thermometer already read 35 towards the Long Term parking at 1030pm. Not sure what’s going on over there with the low forecasts. Lots of busting cold early on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

Yeah. When I left BWI area last night, my car thermometer already read 35 towards the Long Term parking at 1030pm. Not sure what’s going on over there with the low forecasts. Lots of busting cold early on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fine by me just as long as we don't see temps busting warm during potential snow events.

NWS just trimmed back the rain. Looks like we will see a few sprinkles between 2am and 5am, then basically a bit of a windex event, gusts to 45 mph.

Pretty much what I expected - less than  one five hundred twelfth of an inch of rain east of the mountains, while the rain up north steals all the moisture from us.

Welcome to La Nina in Washington.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived