SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
November Discobs Thread

George BM

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Massive, massive win tonight, as spectacular jebwalk possibilities set up with mid 30s/mid teens dewpoints and northerly winds still gusting into the mid 20s as of 6pm. This weather is very, very refreshing and excellent jebwalks are just waiting to be savored, both tonight and especially tomorrow morning as life-affirming minima are realized in many places in the Mid Atlantic.

This is MUCH MUCH better than I ever imagined for this fall!!!!!!!

7 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

53 in my house. Second service call expected soon. If he can’t fix it, may have to hotel it tonight. 

Didn't I read that you had it serviced recently? Like a preseason tune up? If so, did they give you a warranty for the season, like if anything breaks, they'd fix it at a discount?

I think my DP sensor is off. It is reading 22. All stations around me within 80 miles have DPs in the upper single digits to low teens. I have suspected it has been reading high for a while now. My experience with these sensors, which are usually variable capacitance type(change in dielectric constant), are that they last about 2-3 years before nature does its thing.

1 minute ago, mitchnick said:

Get used to saying that a lot this year. Time end the experiment of that experimental model imho.

I actually never expect it to be right. I just look at it for fun. It really is comical at times if you look at how much it can vary every hour. The RAP is better and I give it much more weight for meso/ short range stuff.

4 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

Meh, HRRR did really well last year, especially with banding and when things would get going. It figured out we were going to be screwed last year before a lot of the other models.

The experimental NAM product is much better for picking up on frontogenesis/banding.

The experimental NAM product is much better for picking up on frontogenesis/banding.

I believe that. I just know that the HRRR had its moments last year. And I always like having more models available. Now that the ARPAGE, Swiss, Australian, and Brazilian (lol) models are out there, I'll be using those too.

Anyways, 31 out now. Mosquitoes are finally goners.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived