• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
November Discobs Thread

George BM

.92" today (still raining, but tapering off)

1.82" in November

4.18" in October

41" and counting YTD

Yes it was bone dry for 2 five week periods roughly overlapping June and September, but otherwise on pace for an average to slightly wetter than usual year.  The summer was, by far, the wettest I have seen in 8 examples since moving here in 2010.  

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No idea how much rain fell because it's too wet and cold to check the gauge. Also, I'm almost convinced that we see that freeze Friday night that losetoa6 has been touting. It's been so long that I have had trouble buying in, but NWS had my Saturday AM low at 31 a few days ago, 25 yesterday, and now says 22. May have to put a cup of water outside to see what happens.

Put on my big boy pants and braved the elements. .92" here today with some drizzle. 38.

1 minute ago, poolz1 said:

You are correct..2" appears to be the minimum...

Just a nice looking storm...If this were 4 weeks from now we would be whining about turning to sleet after a 6-10" thump...

Most of us would take that (6-10") and run... I don't think anyone would really complain about that

5 hours ago, poolz1 said:

You are correct..2" appears to be the minimum...

Just a nice looking storm...If this were 4 weeks from now we would be whining about turning to sleet after a 6-10" thump...

And if it were 8 weeks from now we would be talking about over a foot of crystallized rain. ;) 

1 hour ago, losetoa6 said:

Looks like 3 nights in a row of below freezing coming..pretty impressive for early November . NPZ can put away his mower.  

I wish I could put mine away. I keep mowing and mulching and blowing leaves until the majority are down. Falling leaves is perpetual for the next 3 weeks.

1 hour ago, C.A.P.E. said:

I wish I could put mine away. I keep mowing and mulching and blowing leaves until the majority are down. Falling leaves is perpetual for the next 3 weeks.

LOL, I wish it was only 3 weeks, my last usual 'clean up' is week of Christmas if the ground isn't white by then.

BTW, last 48 hours has been really nice. THIS is what I think of when November is mentioned, 40's and battleship gray skies and drizzle.........

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived