Most Online
    wxRob_Coleman
    Newest Member
    wxRob_Coleman
George BM

November Banter Thread

9 hours ago, mappy said:

I guess woo storms on my 8-year wedding anniversary wouldn't be so bad

Dec 19, 2009. So I guess you got woo snow for your wedding.....assuming you were in the area?

Dec 19, 2009. So I guess you got woo snow for your wedding.....assuming you were in the area?

Sure did. Married in Frederick, 22” of snow :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Hey guys,

So glad to be back for the winter! Here's to another great season! Can't say I am not a little worried though. Will be spending the majority of winter in College Park. Ruh Roh :( . Can't wait to see Bob Chill and all the Moco crew posting about 2"+ hour rates in their backyard while I sleet here. Oh well. Someone's gotta win! 

Let's make this a winter remember eh? It can't be worse than last year.

LET'S GO! 

7 hours ago, Thanatos_I_Am said:

Hey guys,

So glad to be back for the winter! Here's to another great season! Can't say I am not a little worried though. Will be spending the majority of winter in College Park. Ruh Roh :( . Can't wait to see Bob Chill and all the Moco crew posting about 2"+ hour rates in their backyard while I sleet here. Oh well. Someone's gotta win! 

Let's make this a winter remember eh? It can't be worse than last year.

LET'S GO! 

Checking in for winter too!  Hopefully a better winter this year here (and out west in Garrett County!)

26 minutes ago, kurtstack said:

Well I don't usually come back to the boards this early, but based on what I'm seeing it may be an early start to tracking season.

Welcome back. Here’s to hoping your avatar doesn’t become real life again this season. 

1 minute ago, MillvilleWx said:

My cautious optimism is turning more and more into full blown optimism. Someone needs to remind me that I live in the Mid Atlantic. 

And it’s november. Early November .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WxUSAF said:

And it’s november. Early November .

Lol. I know. I'm not talking so much short term compared to long term prospects Thanksgiving and beyond. I'm not looking for white beforehand. November though did knock me back a few pegs. Thanks for the help :lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nw baltimore wx said:

A half-day of work tomorrow and the first freeze imminent. It's time for a beer!

I am still kinda addicted to this Founders Breakfast Stout lately. I went in to buy something (different) and I came out with another 4-pack lol.

2 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

I am still kinda addicted to this Founders Breakfast Stout lately. I went in to buy something (different) and I came out with another 4-pack lol.

I've got a couple of those in my garage fridge. You've talked me into one!

5 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Ha! Didn't take much arm twisting, did it? :P 

:) Never does. But I was wrong. The Breakfast Stout is gone so I'm stuck with the Founders 10W-30 Imperial Stout!

eta: Wow! This is a bigger brew than I remember. Holy cow.

2 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

:) Never does. But I was wrong. The Breakfast Stout is gone so I'm stuck with the Founders 10W-30 Imperial Stout!

You must have had that one aging. I dont think the Imperial is available until around February?

Either way, I am jealous!

10 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

You must have had that one aging. I dont think the Imperial is available until around February?

I didn't buy it, so it must have gotten here via one of our parties. So, yeah, it's possible it's been in there since last December when we do our annual Christmas party.

And it's seriously like motor oil.

IMG_0348.thumb.JPG.0fcfa2ebd33050f216cf5821e7624adc.JPG

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Imperial came out in December last year, I believe. I dinstictly remember pouring some motor oil one early afternoon during one of my days off around Christmas last year.

Here’s a New England IPA I kegged last Sunday and poured when I got home from work today. Only the second beer I’ve ever put into my keezer. The lighting doesn’t really do it justice:

4D8803C3-F403-4223-BF00-F782901EB21E.thumb.jpeg.1ae9d3bda665c110baf5ae1d94a7cbeb.jpeg

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, mattie g said:

Imperial came out in December last year, I believe. I dinstictly remember pouring some motor oil one early afternoon during one of my days off around Christmas last year.

Here’s a New England IPA I kegged last Sunday andnpoured when I got home from work today. The lighting doesn’t really do it justice:

4D8803C3-F403-4223-BF00-F782901EB21E.thumb.jpeg.1ae9d3bda665c110baf5ae1d94a7cbeb.jpeg

Well done, sir!! I'll drink to that!!

• Like 1

Hello again, everyone!  Like many others, coming out of the summertime hibernation, though I've occasionally dropped in and have been following some of the winter discussion now that we're well into fall.

(I'll have to go back to my regular avatar icon, after the Indians embarrassed themselves in the playoffs, and the Cavs aren't exactly doing much better so far...and don't even mention the Browns.  So much for "defending the Land" this year, hahaha, oh well!:lol:)

ETA:  Some damn fine looking beers, Mattie and NW Baltimore!

5 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Well done, sir!! I'll drink to that!!

Thanks! I’m pretty excited by it.

It’s just shy of 7% with about equal measure of Galaxy, Mosaic, and Amarillo hops. Even though I used nearly 1lb of hops in it, it’s not a super hop bomb, but it’s lightly fruity and really easy drinking!

As soon as they got in the "streak" I knew the post season was toast. No way they could go through that stress and play that good without a slump following. Oh well always next year they are due!

16 minutes ago, mattie g said:

Thanks! I’m pretty excited by it.

It’s just shy of 7% with about equal measure of Galaxy, Mosaic, and Amarillo hops. Even though I used nearly 1lb of hops in it, it’s not a super hop bomb, but it’s lightly fruity and really easy drinking!

That sounds perfect. I'm lately steering clear of the super hoppy brews. I recently brewed a malty German alt, but went overboard with the melanoidin malt, so it's a recipe that I need to tweak. Also recently brewed the pumpkin ale but this year used real pumpkins, which seems to have made it a different brew. Very good but real pumpkin can handle more spice than I usually put in, so I've got a cinnamon stick soaking in the keg.

I need to get started on the oyster stout I did last winter. That was really good.

50 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

That sounds perfect. I'm lately steering clear of the super hoppy brews. I recently brewed a malty German alt, but went overboard with the melanoidin malt, so it's a recipe that I need to tweak. Also recently brewed the pumpkin ale but this year used real pumpkins, which seems to have made it a different brew. Very good but real pumpkin can handle more spice than I usually put in, so I've got a cinnamon stick soaking in the keg.

I need to get started on the oyster stout I did last winter. That was really good.

Nice. I can see melanoidin malt maybe getting out of hand, but I do love a good alt. And you adddd a stick of cinnamon to the keg for the pumpkin ale? That sounds crazy! :lol: