Weathernoob335
November Banter Thread

George BM

• WxUSAF pinned this topic
  • Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Just picked up a 4 pack of Founders Backwoods Bastard. Have never tried it. Just missed it last year. Going to pour one in the next 30 mins. Anticipation...

@mattie g

Oh man. 

Lots going on with this one, but its all good.

Bourbon barrel, oaky, earthy, dark fruit, malty, and overall really big. Its a sipper but so so fine, like most everything from Founders.

1 hour ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I finally caved and turned on the heat for the first time this year. 62 in the house was chilly enough.

My heat stays on 65, it has been on a few times in last couple of weeks.

Wood stove doesn't get its official start until 1st of Dec, if needed. I can't remember if it was last year or one before but made it until 1st week of JANUARY before building a fire in stove........

14 hours ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Oh man. 

Lots going on with this one, but its all good.

Bourbon barrel, oaky, earthy, dark fruit, malty, and overall really big. Its a sipper but so so fine, like most everything from Founders.

Yeah...Backwoods Bastard is among my favorites. It's got a lot of malt, but the barrel takes it to another level. So much happening in that beer. I've got a 4-pack and a 750ml in my basement right now. I'll probably crack one in the next couple weeks, then save another for around Christmas. I'm going to keep the bomber for a couple years.

And I agree on how good Founders beers are. They pump out some real gems. They're going to release Canadian Breakfast Stout for the first time in 5-6 years. Basically KBS aged in bourbon barrels that recently held maple syrup. Might be nearly impossible to find a bottle though!

13 minutes ago, mattie g said:

Yeah...Backwoods Bastard is among my favorites. It's got a lot of malt, but the barrel takes it to another level. So much happening in that beer. I've got a 4-pack and a 750ml in my basement right now. I'll probably crack one in the next couple weeks, then save another for around Christmas. I'm going to keep the bomber for a couple years.

And I agree on how good Founders beers are. They pump out some real gems. They're going to release Canadian Breakfast Stout for the first time in 5-6 years. Basically KBS aged in bourbon barrels that recently held maple syrup. Might be nearly impossible to find a bottle though!

The KBS is really good, but man its hard to get. I really love their regular Breakfast Stout. It is damn near a perfect stout for my taste, and its readily available this time of year.

When is the Canadian one supposed to be available?

47 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

The KBS is really good, but man its hard to get. I really love their regular Breakfast Stout. It is damn near a perfect stout for my taste, and its readily available this time of year.

When is the Canadian one supposed to be available?

I was able to get a good amount of KBS this year. Actually, I got the same as I did Backwoods - a 4-pack and a 750ml. I don't think I've ever had the regular Breakfast Stout!

I *think* CBS is coming in December.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived