Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
November Banter Thread

George BM

8 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

As the ifs and buts and nitpicks subside, I'm becoming cautiously cautious now. Once December gets rolling I will be more comfortable believing that it is December. 

But what is reality? December could just be a figment of your imagination. Or you and your thoughts on December could just be a figment of my imagination. Maybe.....I am not even real and am just the thoughts of someone else. What is real or not? I'm so confused and depressed now. Or am I?

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

But what is reality? December could just be a figment of your imagination. Or you and your thoughts on December could just be a figment of my imagination. Maybe.....I am not even real and am just the thoughts of someone else. What is real or not? I'm so confused and depressed now. Or am I?

Just be happy you're not Matt Lauer

18 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

When I was younger I had an imaginary friend named "December". He was a cool white fellow but at times gave me the cold shoulder. He was a rather dependable type guy, usually hanging around close to a month, then one year *poof* he was gone and hasn't been since. Back in 2009 I though he had briefly returned, but I think I hallucinated or something.........

15 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

@mattie g and @C.A.P.E.

An interesting coincidence between the Pikesville Rye and the BCS. The BCS this year was aged in Heaven Hill barrels, and guess who makes Pikesville Rye? Yep, one and the same. And for any other rye drinkers, the Pikesville is one of the best I've had.

And for all those worried about snow, it's going to be coming to a charming little town here this week regardless of the temperatures.

IMG_0464.JPG.493abd824b206f8219e7aa229575feed.JPG

Yeah...I think Goose Island uses Heaven Hill barrels on the regular. I've never had any of their bourbons/whiskies, but I'm going to assume they're damn good if they're regularly used to produce such a fantastic beer!

9 hours ago, MillvilleWx said:

My girlfriend went through a procedure to change out her pacemaker today and an EP study determined she did not need an internal defibrillator. She’s been through so much in her life after being born with a very rare heart defect, and I’m just glad she has made it through another surgery. Here’s to another healthy decade!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

glad to hear the good news!  May she continue to improve and have good health for many years to come.

5 minutes ago, mattie g said:

Yeah...I think Goose Island uses Heaven Hill barrels on the regular. I've never had any of their bourbons/whiskies, but I'm going to assume they're damn good if they're regularly used to produce such a fantastic beer!

The history surrounding Maryland's rye production is a pretty cool read, and Pikesville rye was the last survivor before being bought and moved to Kentucky.  Interestingly (to me, anyway), is that it really never was produced in Pikesville.  It was actually produce in neighboring Scots Hill, but rye historians (this is serious stuff) believe they didn't call it Scot's Hill because the public might have confused it with scotch.  And that would be a tragedy.

glad to hear the good news!  May she continue to improve and have good health for many years to come.

I'm so happy for you and her. I'll drink to that  

Wow Millville!!! Good wishes and best to her and you. That's great!!! We, in Stormpc-land, have had our share of medical challenges in the past few years and can relate to any form of good news!!! 

Thank you everyone! At the hospital now with her. She’s doing well. Just a few more things to go through today with doctors and stuff before discharge. She’ll be resting up for about a week, then she’ll be back to sort of normal. No lifting anything over 5 lbs for a few weeks, then nothing over 10 for an additional 2 weeks. Just really glad she didn’t require the defib.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I don’t know if it’s fatigue after tracking a historic tropical season or a change in me over the years but I’m just not excited about winter. At all. I see all the disco in the LR thread and know we could have a solid start, but I don’t feel any excitement.

I’m a production person at the end of the day when it comes to snow so maybe it’s that. No interest tracking potential.

Not trying to crap on others, it’s just been a new feeling over the last few years.

so then take a break. dont wear yourself out with tracking something, especially this far out. but we need you to run the panic room at least. 

Anyone who's lived here more than a few years should know how this is going to play out. Pattern change comes and no snow. There will be some ops but they will fail because that's how it goes. As time goes by and the cold dry days add up we start seeing something real coming right before a warmup. That's usually when our best shot happens but it's less than 50% odds. 

1 hour ago, Bob Chill said:

Anyone who's lived here more than a few years should know how this is going to play out. Pattern change comes and no snow. There will be some ops but they will fail because that's how it goes. As time goes by and the cold dry days add up we start seeing something real coming right before a warmup. That's usually when our best shot happens but it's less than 50% odds. 

Let's just skip December I hate that month anyway. We should move Christmas to March 

2 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I don’t know if it’s fatigue after tracking a historic tropical season or a change in me over the years but I’m just not excited about winter. At all. I see all the disco in the LR thread and know we could have a solid start, but I don’t feel any excitement.

I’m a production person at the end of the day when it comes to snow so maybe it’s that. No interest tracking potential.

Not trying to crap on others, it’s just been a new feeling over the last few years.

I'm not feeling it yet either.  Having the potential is not the same as having something tangible to track.  I am concerned about how dry it has been and how dry it is looking in the intermediate term.  Yes, if we get a nice wavy pattern we might get some chances, but we have to wait to see that out.

2 hours ago, MN Transplant said:

I'm not feeling it yet either.  Having the potential is not the same as having something tangible to track.  I am concerned about how dry it has been and how dry it is looking in the intermediate term.  Yes, if we get a nice wavy pattern we might get some chances, but we have to wait to see that out.

I agree that the concern would be not having a system big enough to tap anything.

eta: I promise this was entirely by accident...jinx!

jinx.png

2 minutes ago, George BM said:

#FakeWeenie

Oh no, I am a snow weenie for sure. I just don't get excited until that snow is falling from the sky. been burned way too many times over these events days in advanced that crash and burn the day of. Believe you me, if there is a legit snowstorm on our doorstep, I will be a HUGE weenie. 

until then, I lol. 

1 minute ago, mappy said:

Oh no, I am a snow weenie for sure. I just don't get excited until that snow is falling from the sky. been burned way too many times over these events days in advanced that crash and burn the day of. Believe you me, if there is a legit snowstorm on our doorstep, I will be a HUGE weenie. 

until then, I lol. 

Shame. Jaded at such a young age. Now me, a crotchety old man I can understand. But you? :D

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived