Newest Member
    SnowHabit
November Banter Thread

George BM

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, WxUSAF said:

I think we need a fourth week of November medium range pattern discussion thread to analyze it. 

I think you should just use the power that you have and merge the two threads together, then people can chat about a storm that probably won't happen, instead of cluttering up our region with multiple threads. 

9 minutes ago, mappy said:

I think you should just use the power that you have and merge the two threads together, then people can chat about a storm that probably won't happen, instead of cluttering up our region with multiple threads. 

The better thing to do would be to start a thread asking for input on what to do about the 2 threads in question

1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

The better thing to do would be to start a thread asking for input on what to do about the 2 threads in question

Just now, North Balti Zen said:

And a separate thread from that with a poll question.

I've missed this place. 

39 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

It has been apparent for at least a week. But somehow, not polite to talk about it.

Busting stones has been part of the fun here for many years. I'm waiting for Chuck to bust out his Yugio avatar from 13 years ago. I'm with you brother...he is doing something goofy, probably on purpose maybe not...so what if we jab at him. My opinion anyway

16 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

15 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

And a separate thread from that with a poll question.

The mods need to pin them all as well.  You can't have high importance threads mired down the page.

3 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Thanks. I got lucky. Lake effect streamer was to my south and clipped the area just as my gf went to sleep. 

She didn’t need to see how excited I was for first flakes..

I'm scared to ask exactly how excited you got. Was it a secs,mecs,hecs or becs?

3 hours ago, George BM said:

Yea it was the 6/04/2008 event. WVclimo and mappy get this round. 

:thumbsup: 

That day is burned in memory.  I was at work in suburban Md, watching radar and browsing EasternUsWx.  As a cell rode down Rt. 9 east of Berkeley Springs, HM posted about the gate-to-gate shear numbers with it.  His attention to a storm in our region was enough for me to call my then-pregnant wife, who was spending the day at a friend's house in Martinsburg, to advise them to go to the basement.  An EF-1 ended up touching down about 500 yds from the house she was visiting.  A lot of damage was visible on the trip back home to WV.  I think there were three rounds of storms that day.

6 minutes ago, WVclimo said:

:thumbsup: 

That day is burned in memory.  I was at work in suburban Md, watching radar and browsing EasternUsWx.  As a cell rode down Rt. 9 east of Berkeley Springs, HM posted about the gate-to-gate shear numbers with it.  His attention to a storm in our region was enough for me to call my then-pregnant wife, who was spending the day at a friend's house in Martinsburg, to advise them to go to the basement.  An EF-1 ended up touching down about 500 yds from the house she was visiting.  A lot of damage was visible on the trip back home to WV.  I think there were three rounds of storms that day.

My sister graduated high school that day. I was working in downtown Baltimore, living in AA county, watching the first line coming in, then keeping an eye on the weather the rest of the day. It was to be outside... thankfully the school moved everything inside, but even when we left later in the evening there were still some nasty storms around. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived