Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
November Banter Thread

George BM

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Next week might be slightly interesting. I say this with extreme GUARDED optimism. High lat blocking MAY develop, with associated arctic blast this weekend, lasting into next week.

I would venture to say good chance for Mappy, Bob Chill, and other usual suspects to end up with frozen precip possibly Thanksgiving Eve. Of course, the farther north/east one travels, the greater chance of the white stuff one will jebwalk into.

Myself, I'll be content with a steady, driving heavy rain event so long as it provides battleship gray skies and a stiff northeast wind.

But for now - I am exercising GUARDED optimism.

We know this is no El Nino, it is a weak Nina/negative neutral ENSO - and we all know how those worked out for Washington in the past 30 years of climatology.

3 hours ago, Jebman said:

Next week might be slightly interesting. I say this with extreme GUARDED optimism. High lat blocking MAY develop, with associated arctic blast this weekend, lasting into next week.

I would venture to say good chance for Mappy, Bob Chill, and other usual suspects to end up with frozen precip possibly Thanksgiving Eve. Of course, the farther north/east one travels, the greater chance of the white stuff one will jebwalk into.

Myself, I'll be content with a steady, driving heavy rain event so long as it provides battleship gray skies and a stiff northeast wind.

But for now - I am exercising GUARDED optimism.

We know this is no El Nino, it is a weak Nina/negative neutral ENSO - and we all know how those worked out for Washington in the past 30 years of climatology.

Remain vigilant Jeb.

Grabbed a hatful of Hardywood Bourbon Barrel Gingerbread Stout (aka BB GBS) at Trader Joe's yesterday. At $12.99/750ml, it was a damn good deal. I think it goes for $13.99 or $14.99 at Whole Foods and Total Wine. I'll save a few to crack over the next couple years.

Also grabbed an extra BB GBS and regular GBS for a buddy who lives in Connecticut. He promised me a fair trade of New England beers when he comes down next month. He better deliver! :lol:

(Moved from the Discussion/Obs thread, where I'd accidentally posted it!)

20 hours ago, Cobalt said:

Debating whether I should get a snowmaker this weekend. I feel like once I get it, I'll jinx the outcomes and we'll get nothing but toasty weather all of this winter. They also cost a pretty penny as well

If you already have an air compressor why not make your own? 

Heck I have 3 and a fan gun from when son was younger still in the storage shed.

Something is amiss with the NWS Radar.  Maybe the loop run has been hitting the JW Blue too much.  When zoomed in on the view that shows the radar for Ohio, PA, WVA, VA, MD and NC the radar loop cycles  08:30 08:15 08:45 09:00 08:45 09:15 (in that funked up order).  Looks really bizarre...

https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/virginia/weather-radar?play=1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived