Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
November Banter Thread

George BM

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

I thought KBS was overrated.  Good beer, no doubt.  But I don't get why it's in such high demand.

If anyone wants a local gem, check out Jailbreak brewing's Dusk to Dusk release.

There's the hype factor, no doubt, though I think KBS has earned it. It's a wonderful beer, especially as it warms.

I'll have to check out Dusk Till Dusk, assuming I can find it on this side of the river. I see they have a Dusk Till Dawn. What's he difference between the two?

Another great, and easy-to-find big stout is Weyerbacher Sunday Morning Stout. Phenomenal. Finally Legal is excellent, too. Sunday Mole is good, but I really prefer big barrelled stouts, so it's missing that piece for me.

44 minutes ago, mattie g said:

There's the hype factor, no doubt, though I think KBS has earned it. It's a wonderful beer, especially as it warms.

I'll have to check out Dusk Till Dusk, assuming I can find it on this side of the river. I see they have a Dusk Till Dawn. What's he difference between the two?

Another great, and easy-to-find big stout is Weyerbacher Sunday Morning Stout. Phenomenal. Finally Legal is excellent, too. Sunday Mole is good, but I really prefer big barrelled stouts, so it's missing that piece for me.

Dusk till Dusk is the barrel aged version of dusk till dawn. 

I realize that we have along way to go but doesn’t it feel like this winter will be near snowless and just pure suckage.  It’s just a gut feeling that trough west ridge east pattern will dominate with several wedges Cad episodes that are just not cold enough to be helpful.  

16 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

I realize that we have along way to go but doesn’t it feel like this winter will be near snowless and just pure suckage.  It’s just a gut feeling that trough west ridge east pattern will dominate with several wedges Cad episodes that are just not cold enough to be helpful.  

Weak nina winters can be the toughest to forecast imo.  The last few are a good example of that idea.

8 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

It gets worse every year it seems. Stand strong flip-flopper :lol: 

Is it time for the annual outsider weenie sacrifice to the Euro?

I'm getting a kick out of it honestly. He has every right to disagree with me. Not sure why he seems so hostile about it but there's always that guy. I'm not getting upset about this kind of stuff. Life's too short. 

33 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Not sure if he is a troll or just dense. He was given some friendly advice. We saw how well that went. 

Bob and PSU need to stop flip flopping so much.  Driving the poor guy crazy. :lol:

I know what I'd do if I were them, but they aren't as sinister as I am.

2 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

My 2001 Toyota Tacoma just turned over 300,000 miles  ( 4 cyl.) . :D

Hoping to double that to 600,000:lmao:

It truly was the best new purchase of any kind that I've  made and ever will make.  The Japanese 4 cylinder has been amazing for decade's . 

I once had a Camry that was 14 years old and about 159,000 miles before I traded it in and still got $800 for it in a trade-in.  I've been mainly a Toyota owner most of my life.  Currently drive a 2014 Highlander which has a silky smooth engine, latest technology imaginable and a gorgeous interior.

26 minutes ago, Sparky said:

I once had a Camry that was 14 years old and about 159,000 miles before I traded it in and still got $800 for it in a trade-in.  I've been mainly a Toyota owner most of my life.  Currently drive a 2014 Highlander which has a silky smooth engine, latest technology imaginable and a gorgeous interior.

Oh man. The Camry was my first car, and it lasted all throughout college. You can imagine what a college student puts a car through, especially one that procrastinated as much as I did. I didn't change its oil for 10k miles once. Still ran like a charm and lasted many years afterwards when I finally got around to it.

La Nina will keep our weather here in the Mid Atlantic highly variable and volatile.

It will be chilly one day, then 80/63 the next, like today. Thanksgiving and Xmas are on track, with 70s temps expected. New Years will be likewise.

I expect this right on into Jan/Feb/Mar 2018.

Welcome to La Nina in Washington.

6 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

My 2001 Toyota Tacoma just turned over 300,000 miles  ( 4 cyl.) . :D

Hoping to double that to 600,000:lmao:

It truly was the best new purchase of any kind that I've  made and ever will make.  The Japanese 4 cylinder has been amazing for decade's . 

Man, 300K is pretty remarkable. My ''03 had 245,000 when I traded it in April. It was running well, and still had the original clutch, but it was due for some pretty pricey repairs so I traded it in for the '17.  hope to keep It just as long.

Congrats on 300!

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived