Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Weekend Zombie Morph Storm Discobs

nw baltimore wx

Here's a post for the geeks...I love this stuff...lol

H5 vort is swinging through right now. UL winds are basically doing a u-turn right over the region. Look at this panel and look at a radar loop. You can see the precip starting to pull down from the nw in the western areas and precip riding up towards the NE in the eastern areas. 

gfs_z500_vort_neus_2.png

Too bad it's not December. This is the part of winter storms I love. High ratio bursts of snow and cold winds blowing it around...

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Bob Chill said:

Don't worry Jeb. Plenty of blooming and backfilling to come. It's going to be a beautiful full pivot. 

You were right. This is a very beautiful thing. It just keeps on pivoting. I have been in heaven, enjoying jebwalk after epic jebwalk here on the MGM Plinth, getting blown all over the place by refreshing north breezes.

Definitive fun storm. If we get high lat blocking this winter, it will be a fun winter. It wont be record breaking but if high lat blocking verified this winter, it would definitely be better than last low sun season for Washington.

It was fun watching radar, enjoying the rain and strong winds on the Plinth at MGM last night/this morning. The inbound drive was a total BLAST, got heavy rain, plenty of spray and big trucks and crazy demented superfast drivers zipping past me! Damn that was one hell of a RUSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was MUCH MORE than I ever expected or even IMAGINED.

It was super fun watching those low clouds scudding past the MGM hotel tower, and watching that wind whip the sheets of rain past it!!!! Plus, it was a major, MAJOR THRILL watching the planes breaking out of the low overcast on their final approaches to Reagan National - THAT accentuated my jebwalks by 99 orders of magnitude!

1.33 at last night's obs, then another .15 indicated at wake up.

Significant number of trash/recycle bins knocked over, but I can't decide if it was the gusts or just some pre-Halloween pranksters. (Seems unlikely they'd be out in that wx).

All the white pine areas were heavily littered with needles, as if it had snowed needles.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived