Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Weekend Zombie Morph Storm Discobs

nw baltimore wx

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

When is the last time that we have had gusts of 40+ for an extended period like what is expected, and had foliage on trees?

eta: I should say this much foliage on trees.

4/2/16 with newly spring leafed trees. 

50-70 mph peak gusts throughout the region and then multiple hours of gusts around 40 mph. IAD had a 51/65 wind! DCA- 58 mph and BWI- 50 mph. 

16 minutes ago, poolz1 said:

43 with 1.68".  I68 and 219.  Should have taken the drive...

59f6788cca126_ScreenShot2017-10-29at8_50_49PM.thumb.png.909543e1237cc86925d15c025069e668.png

Looks like they are getting it good on KR.  When I posted that same cam two hours ago the asphalt had just started to turn white.  Looks like the plow has already been through there and it could perhaps use another pass.  Only 44 here in Vienna.  Oh, but for just 8-10 degrees colder...

Just now, WxWatcher007 said:

Thanks. I don't remember that one for the life of me. 

Just heard my first (probably small) tree branch snap with that last gust. :thumbsup:

To be honest, I was excited about the wind in this event but wasn’t picturing  anything like massive tree falls or power outages. Our trees are really good to withstand winds with a substantial westerly component, especially after a weak-branch clearing event like the Derecho.

4/2/16, Sandy, Derecho— those are our three biggest wind events in the 2010’s. Only one of those caused massive power outages.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived