Newest Member
    joxey
Sunday's Screaming Southeaster

CT Rain

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I have a feeling you'll love Kevin this winter.

I can already tell he'll be fun to have around.

6 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I’d just like an answer as to why typically mets toss it, but in this case are saying it’s correct ?

To me, I never get the term "tossing it" for models. I believe elite forecasters are those who are good at using all tools available to them and making a forecast on a blend of these tools instead of favoring one or two models over everything else. It's not impossible for this sou'easter to track right in middle between Euro and GFS.

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I’d just like an answer as to why typically mets toss it, but in this case are saying it’s correct ?

Ryan didn't say it was correct, only that it's reasonable.  Many times the GFS doesn't make sense with regard to synoptic set ups...but this time/run it does, and I think that's what Ryan was eluding to.  

Doesn't mean that its correct and that's going to happen, but it's a reasonable idea at the moment.   Maybe the Euro caves toward the GFS or maybe not???   How can you toss something that isn't outlandish at 3 plus days out?   If anything, I'd toss the model runs that show Hurricane force winds for inland areas/and big chunk of the area.  Sure, it could happen, but how likely is that??  Those runs should be kept in mind, but not banked on at this point imo.

26 minutes ago, SouthCoastMA said:

Surge issues up the bays if the EURO verified

Fortunately it's coming about halfway between new and full moons, so the surge won't be building from the high end of the lunar tide cycle.  Too early to check the tables to see if when the surge hits within the daily cycles.

Archived