Newest Member
    joxey
Sunday's Screaming Southeaster

CT Rain

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Lava Rock said:

In the 4 years since we built our house, this is the one time I wished we had one. Meanwhile, standing in a long dunkin donut line. Could probably sell my coffee on the way out for $20

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I swore after Hurricane Bob in 1991 then Icestorm 1998 I would never be without one again, Pumping 2' of water from the basement and all the damage justify S it even if only used a few times.

14 minutes ago, StormSurge said:

I’ll take a more detailed drive around the island in a bit, but I can already see a tree down in a nearby yard, spotted this one in the road last night at the State Trooper’s office and all the roads are littered with leaves & branches. Gusting pretty good right now as well. 

00CF0C2D-BC48-4015-AE5E-2987D56BF3DD.jpeg

Officers Row has that open exposure to the south. Not surprised that tree came down. 

22 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Looks like the models were too wind saturated in the interior, but did very well on the littorals and primarily east of I-95.  

40mph  is the highest gust I saw  amongst the local reporting stations in Franklin County. (Wunderground)

My power was out for maybe four hours in the middle of the night.

Wind was whipping...but it wasn't what most of the modeling showed for my area...fell way short.  Lucky if my top gust was close to 40....so a disappointment in that department, but I expected that going in so was prepared for that part.    The Rain was the impressive part...we got Drenched here...got to be 5 inches or a bit more.   

Good AM folks.  The amount of damage around the area is phenomenal.  Trees/Limbs everywhere.  Roads closed all over. The winds overnight were the worst I've experienced since moving to our current locale.  Sandy and Irene were tame compared to this.  Those little meso-lows must have tracked right over TAN for the ASOS to pull off a 58kt reading.  Gusts upwards of 50mph and more were common starting around 11pm and continued till about 4am. 2.63" of rain as well. 

Archived