Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Sunday's Screaming Southeaster

CT Rain

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, DomNH said:

Birch tree took out a piece of our fence but that seems to be the only casualty that the woods didn't contain. It looks like a disaster around here...only gusted to 42 kts but saturated ground ftl.

Daughter's apartment in Northfield NH. - Roof ripped off, no power and trees down all over. Frightening night by her account.

roof.jpg

5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Maybe inland, but lots gusted over 50-60. LWM went offline.

Yeah inland, thought ORH would beat MPV/BTV handily.

MVL went offline but as I was talking last night, it doesn't take 60 to do damage. Stowe 1N Mesowest had 50mph and that's basically a home Davis as I know at the PWS I usually use.

40-50mph in the valley is more than enough to do significant tree damage. We don't see winds below 1500ft unless it's a SVR storm.  Just too protected by high ridgelines.

115mph max gust on Mansfield is highest I can ever remember.  I know there was a 105mph in a December thaw southerly flow but 115mph at 4000ft is insane.  It's not MWN...80mph is high end.  115mph is best in over a decade.

We live on Mountain Road and sounds like we are f*cked.  Wife said she saw two snapped power poles on the way to work.

OUTAGE INFORMATION 

10/30/2017  5:00am

At this time roughly 2000 customers are without power.  Power is on in the main village and lower village south to Sylvan Park.  The Mountain Rd. has downed trees and broken poles.

50 minutes ago, zoe456 said:

Just heard CMP spokesperson being interviewed. 260,000 outages and climbing. May be getting close to the number of outages we had in the ice storm of 1998. 

50 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Still can't believe BTV and MPV gusted higher than most of interior SNE after those model runs.

BTV 62mph

MPV 58mph

Wish MVL didn't go offline at 3am.  

Stowe Mesowest in town at 50mph is highest I can ever remember for the valley bottom.

Boy, just think if this were a NNE storm.......

Up to 273k+ per CMP site.

Had some torrential rains coming through the last 45 mintues.  Winds picking back up out of the NW.

49.7*.

Archived