joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Sunday's Screaming Southeaster

CT Rain

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

No one has power in NVT.

Stuff down everywhere.  

Never would've thought most up in VT would gust higher than ORH or the SNE ASOS.  Knew downslope would be big but it's more widespread than I thought.

HIE was eye opening. Strongest gust I've ever seen outside of a thunderstorm there.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, MaineJayhawk said:

Looks like my house in the woods is dark too.  If lucky, maybe one of my pines crashed on it

I have the same thought regarding the old outbuilding we have.  It's insured for something like 70K--not sure where that value came from!!!

Shockingly, only 80 people in Bath so far are without power.  When I lived there 10 years ago, we'd lose power if someone farted.

We still have power in my area of Tolland, I'm totally surprised after the roaring and snapping limbs I heard last night. We're on a hill about a mile from the high school so I expected no power and was ready to rock the generator. There's this one tree in front of  my house, a big old dying oak (that the town says is healthy despite a  big rot hole and barely leafing out), that's leaning right at our telephone pole, that will come down soon and will be a dream scenario for Kevin. I honestly thought I would hear the boom of that bad boy taking out multiple poles last night. Icing on the cake is that school is closed in Willington so I can clean up the mess in the yard.

Archived