Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Sunday's Screaming Southeaster

CT Rain

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, weatherwiz said:

The Cape is big time screwed...appears you have the LLJ max setting right up over the Cape per mesoanalysis and is still strengthening.  Once that line arrives all hell is going to break lose there.  Hope James is tied down

Yep, I think the Cape is gonnatake it on the chin really bad..maybe parts of SE MA too....worse than it already is I mean....they are already gusting to like 60 knots in spots in SE MA...you know that is happening when KTAN puts up a G58.

Remnant of TS core now at 37.5N 70.5W with intense convection extending west to 71.5W, now heading almost due north, and all of this should cross eastern MA between 06z and 09z and impact NH and ME around 09z to 12z. 

The energy has already phased with the primary low and cold front to such an extent that this may only turn into a steady-state continuity of 60-80 mph gusts but there could be slightly higher peak gusts when these remnants come inland. 

Good to have some active weather to track. 

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yep, I think the Cape is gonnatake it on the chin really bad..maybe parts of SE MA too....worse than it already is I mean....they are already gusting to like 60 knots in spots in SE MA...you know that is happening when KTAN puts up a G58.

All the calls were spot on with regards to when things would start to ramp up and across what areas.  Seeing what's happened thus far is a big precursor to how much worse things will get over the next few hours.  Mesoanalysis even shows some pockets of extremely weak CAPE as well.  I think the soundings as well showed best mixing and steepening lapse rates right around 1:00 AM for far SE MA and not only is this shaping up well but it's timed damn well with that line

Archived