SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Sunday's Screaming Southeaster

CT Rain

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The interior is still a little bit wedged...that will have to dislodge to get the really big stuff (unless some good convection embedded can occur to mix it down)....but the strong SE flow is certainly going to be trying to make progress in warming the interior more and mixing out that semi-stable sfc layer where winds are still kind of quite and more out of E and NE.

5 minutes ago, Mr. Windcredible! said:

Outages in CT now over 20k. About 25% out here in Clinton...surprised we’re still hanging on here considering we’re often among the first to lose it. We’ve had some gusts I’d guess in the 40-45mph range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I somehow still have power here. Its been flickering on and off for the past half hour. I'm expecting to lose it any moment now.

I just drove from dxr to west hartford, and back. Once you get to the 691 interchange heading west, it’s the next step up with the wind. Amazes me how most still push 75/80 in this, saw a couple crashes...a solo accident in waterbury was a biggie, the car was totalled. 

Anyway, I did not see any wind damage so for the most part nothing anomalous on that front yet. Judging by the wind reports along the coast, we should start to see the higher gusts push into the 84 corridor within the next several hours. 

32 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Teltale for me here is, House i live in was built in the 40's, If we get winds of 40 mph plus the house creaks, That's when i go check the anemometer to see how high it went.

4 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Just heard the roof make some noise up here on the hill, sure enough RSOIS gusted to 39 knots. 

Not bad for this early.

;)

Archived