joxey
Sunday's Screaming Southeaster

CT Rain

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I had to laugh. Those maps have higher winds here than there. :lol:

This system has stronger progged 925mb winds than 2/2010 and 10/2006 so if we can just mix it could get pretty wild. We just need to curl in the warm sector for a few hours.

2/10 was not forecast well for this area and took me by surprise.  Can't hurt to fill up the backup gas can.  Will just dump it in the car if this thing doesn't perform.

4 minutes ago, bobbutts said:

2/10 was not forecast well for this area and took me by surprise.  Can't hurt to fill up the backup gas can.  Will just dump it in the car if this thing doesn't perform.

That's sort of how I feel. I expect this to find a way to be nbd like they usually are, but I'm definitely intrigued.

4 minutes ago, dendrite said:

That's sort of how I feel. I expect this to find a way to be nbd like they usually are, but I'm definitely intrigued.

Like when the NAM and RPM start spitting out 50+ inches of snow before an event.  You know it'll probably be a solid event but maybe not quite to the modeled extent.  

Even 40mph though for those with leafed out trees still and the wet ground can bring power outages and do quite a bit of damage.  Trees falling probably only indicates 40-50mph gusts in reality.  Going to be interesting what stations measure.

I'm still on the lower end for actual surface gusts away from the coast but something where 300ft up above the New England forest its 60+.  Ginxy's tower should show it quite well.

6 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Like when the NAM and RPM start spitting out 50+ inches of snow before an event.  You know it'll probably be a solid event but maybe not quite to the modeled extent.  

Even 40mph though for those with leafed out trees still and the wet ground can bring power outages and do quite a bit of damage.  Trees falling probably only indicates 40-50mph gusts in reality.  Going to be interesting what stations measure.

I'm still on the lower end for actual surface gusts away from the coast but something where 300ft up above the New England forest its 60+.  Ginxy's tower should show it quite well.

Always lowball ! Never get excited!!

Archived