• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November 2017 Discussion

hlcater

Looking forward to this upcoming week! Chilly with highs in the low 40s and lows around 30...with SUNSHINE and calm winds! :) It will be a good week to get outdoor work done, and enjoy the remaining fall colors around here. The weather of the past two weeks (rain, wind, DAMP, and consistently in the 30s/40s) gets to you. I don't know how people in the Pacific Northwest cope with their winters being like that. Uppers 20s with snow is more beautiful, and feels warmer than a soaking 45 degree day!

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

Pretty sure the trees on my block are going to have leaves into December at this rate. Still just a mix of dull yellow and green.

The maple colors definitely weren't the nicest they could have been this year...but I have noticed that the trees that are later in changing have been very colorful. Maybe even better than average. The oaks and beeches have been showing some nice colors around here. Maybe the 10 inches of rain we had in October came in enough time to help the color.

3 minutes ago, weatherbo said:

33, fog, drizzle at times. High tomorrow of 42 then low 30's the rest of the week. Snow has been on the ground now 7 days.  

Season total 16.2" 

IMG_3493.thumb.JPG.2bc65456a94410cbca02cfcb58aea67f.JPG

Jesus Christ Bo. You already have more in the first week of November by some of us in the very most southern portions of the sub will see all winter lol. Insane man. 

I remember a few days ago it was looking like my area would be well into the 60s and possibly even lower 70s tomorrow. Now it's looking like it might barely hit 50. Such a disgusting pattern with everything trending south and weaker, and warm fronts magically stalling just south of my area every single time.

5 hours ago, cyclone77 said:

Days just don't get much more miserable than today was lol.  Very heavy overcast all day long, 40s, fog, and heavy drizzle.  Picked up 0.14" of rain/drizzle.

Same here, though temps were able to rise through the 50s before topping out around 60 earlier tonight. It should have rained here if it was going to be like that. Few of the local meteorologists were of little help in contrast to what NWS and TWC hinted and nailed.  A crappy first weekend of November is certainly on tap after a rainy first day of November.

4 hours ago, cmillzz said:

This month is shaping up to be one of the most foul Novembers in recent history. Euro looks particularly vile for the next 10 days. Just absolute misery.

To add insult to injury, all first 5 days (and counting) of the month have had cloudy mornings. Pray this November isn't going to be a repeat of December 2014 and this past January combined. I'd laugh at the end of the year if this November would end up cloudier than this upcoming December. NWS and TWC currently hinting a period of nice, crisp fall weather suitable for this month come around the middle of the upcoming week.

On 11/2/2017 at 11:25 PM, Jonger said:

It melted from the bottom up. The next morning depth went down. I rode my snowmobile till 4am though.

:lol:

Glad you made the most of it, but the wasting of such nice snow on top of hot ground is one of my biggest wx peeves!  I'm glad we're getting some consistent cold temps finally to cool the ground before any real snow wants to show up this autumn.

8 hours ago, michsnowfreak said:

So when is this mega blowtorch will possible all time record November highs that was promised to Jonger arriving? :lol:

It will never happen. The days of proper ridging in our part of the country seem to be fading (largely due to climate change I think). Here in NW Indiana it might not get above 50 degrees for the rest of the month with the long range looking increasingly horrid. 

It will never happen. The days of proper ridging in our part of the country seem to be fading (largely due to climate change I think). Here in NW Indiana it might not get above 50 degrees for the rest of the month with the long range looking increasingly horrid. 

You're like the combination of spartman and rainsucks. Making outlandish terrible comments.

NW. IN will get above 50 again lol.

Heavy precip didn't really pan out here, heavier totals ended up to the south. Only about half an inch from the weekend system. 

Seeing a similarly strange mix of leaves here as well. About 2/3s of trees are totally bare, while the rest are either still green or dull oranges and yellows.

Excited about snow prospects for Thursday.

On 10/27/2017 at 8:11 PM, rainsucks said:

the torch is back...

and don't worry, it's gonna be a mega blowtorch. Nov is gonna see some very warm anomalies.

gfs_T850_us_41.png

Granted, after 5 days FWA is +4.2°, but that's going to get more than wiped out this coming week. You better hope for a blowtorch second half.

Nov 6 Nov 12.png

Archived