Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
November 2017 Discussion

hlcater

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Storm total for Huntington 3.42". 4.11" in the past seven days, making for a very wet week.

FWA also had 0.29" before midnight on the 17th, giving them a storm total of 3.25".

RECORD EVENT REPORT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE NORTHERN INDIANA 
1224 AM EDT SUN NOV 19 2017

...NEW RAINFALL RECORDS FOR NOVEMBER SET AT FORT WAYNE...

A DAILY RECORD RAINFALL OF 2.96 INCHES WAS SET AT FORT WAYNE ON 
SATURDAY NOVEMBER 18TH. THIS BREAKS THE OLD RECORD OF 1.88 SET IN 

THIS IS ALSO A SINGLE DAY MONTHLY RECORD FOR NOVEMBER. THE PREVIOUS 
ONE DAY NOVEMBER RAINFALL RECORD WAS 2.53 INCHES SET ON NOVEMBER 29 

2 hours ago, IWXwx said:

Storm total for Huntington 3.42". 4.11" in the past seven days, making for a very wet week.

FWA also had 0.29" before midnight on the 17th, giving them a storm total of 3.25".

RECORD EVENT REPORT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE NORTHERN INDIANA 
1224 AM EDT SUN NOV 19 2017

...NEW RAINFALL RECORDS FOR NOVEMBER SET AT FORT WAYNE...

A DAILY RECORD RAINFALL OF 2.96 INCHES WAS SET AT FORT WAYNE ON 
SATURDAY NOVEMBER 18TH. THIS BREAKS THE OLD RECORD OF 1.88 SET IN 

THIS IS ALSO A SINGLE DAY MONTHLY RECORD FOR NOVEMBER. THE PREVIOUS 
ONE DAY NOVEMBER RAINFALL RECORD WAS 2.53 INCHES SET ON NOVEMBER 29 

Yesterday I was thinking about how we've seen some juiced systems in the past month or so.  There's the record you mentioned but besides that, there have been multiple storms with high pwats for the time of year.  I don't think it bodes badly for winter.

2 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

Yesterday I was thinking about how we've seen some juiced systems in the past month or so.  There's the record you mentioned but besides that, there have been multiple storms with high pwats for the time of year.  I don't think it bodes badly for winter.

It bodes fantastic for winter. Won't be surprised if some records are challenged, especially for the OHV

My backyard finished with 1.86" of rain and a trace of snow with yesterday's storm. DTW got 2.00" of rain and a trace of snow. Today, snow showers are whipping in the northwest wind and it's definitely a classic brisk November day. This is our 8th day already since late October with snow/sleet and we have not had anything measurable yet. However, that does not worry me at all, because the above normal precipitation we've had in November and the outlook going forward tells me there's probably going to be a LOT of storms in our region this Winter. Plenty of snow for most of us, but also all but the far northwoods (ie Bo) will probably have to deal with several Winter rainstorms as well. 

49 minutes ago, (((Will))) said:

He meant here on the forum. You're out of place. We like it obnoxiously cold and snowy and you don't fit in. Please...to the back of the bus.

This isn't true either a lot of people here are for interesting weather no matter the type. This type of response isn't necessary even if the other poster is an annoyance.

3 hours ago, (((Will))) said:

He meant here on the forum. You're out of place. We like it obnoxiously cold and snowy and you don't fit in. Please...to the back of the bus.

2 hours ago, Stebo said:

This isn't true either a lot of people here are for interesting weather no matter the type. This type of response isn't necessary even if the other poster is an annoyance.

2 hours ago, (((Will))) said:

It's obviously meant playfully. Jeez.

Yes, it was meant to be play full.  I just thought the comments were silly being in a "November Forum".  Nothing against anyone's character.  

Tomorrow seems like a candidate to overperform.  Pretty good southwest flow and mainly sunny skies around here.  Also most of the leaves are down so it's almost like one of those late winter/early spring days that gets warmer than expected with the lack of vegetation. Most raw 2m guidance has highs in the 40s (MOS a bit warmer) but I'm thinking we can get to 50+.

It appears our top few November high temps will come during the last third of the month.  We hit 53 in the first couple days of the month.  We should beat that today(already 49 before 11am), Friday we could reach the low 60s, and models are suggesting mid next week a big northern plains storm could pull more 60s into Iowa.

32 minutes ago, hawkeye_wx said:

It appears our top few November high temps will come during the last third of the month.  We hit 53 in the first couple days of the month.  We should beat that today(already 49 before 11am), Friday we could reach the low 60s, and models are suggesting mid next week a big northern plains storm could pull more 60s into Iowa.

We'll also be seeing some of the coldest days of the month inbetween these warm ups. Looks like Tuesday and Wednesday may struggle to get out of the mid 30s.

53 minutes ago, hawkeye_wx said:

That storm looks like the next shot at anything remotely interesting (outside of the lake belts I guess).

1 hour ago, cyclone77 said:

Yeah she's warming up quickly today courtesy of these gusty southwest winds.  The dry landscape is helping out as well.  Already 50 here, and 52 at MLI.  Temps are outpacing the HRRR, and that has us getting into the mid 50s.  Upper 50s appear possible.

57 at MLI

Archived