Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
November 2017 Discussion

hlcater

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

12z euro has shown the idea for a strong digging trough across the eastern conus for a couple runs now. Would expect with the warm fall so far, the lake effect machine could definetly crank up. 

Also so another tidbit the forecasted low tonight would be the lowest observed reading since March 16th (15 degrees) that’s almost 8 months, so far the lowest temp has been 30 degrees. 

Please weather gods, give us a cold December, and a 1-3”’Clipper around the 23/24 of December. 

This is the beginning of my least favorite time of year here. The winter winds are in full swing, its incredibly cold with heavy snow at times ongoing this evening. A shocking -18ºC windchill forecast tonight which is one of those special instances not just because its rare for Nov.10th but because its been a very warm few months and then to switch suddenly to that kind of cold is hideous. Even the cold earlier in the week I haven't been tolerating very well it seems. I'm not going to be spending time outdoors during the next 36 hours as the high is -4ºC tomorrow. Interesting to note today is the first time snowflakes were seen as on Halloween I just saw some minor ice pellet action. I have never seen flakes this late which makes me wonder if the balance factor will give way to a very snowy November.

I have 3-4 cm on the ground already and 10-15 cm are forecast before morning. Its a pretty classic first snowsquall for sure!

7 minutes ago, blackrock said:

Checked out the radar to see there is a band of lake effect snow that has set up over my area. Just looked outside and everything is covered in a light layer of white with light-moderate snowfall. Looking good for some of you other folks wrapped around Lake Michigan to get your first accumulating snowfall tonight.

Enjoy man! Jealous of your accumulating snowfall. Fired up my wood burning stove tonight, while sipping some makers mark to warm me some up a little more. 

1 minute ago, Chambana said:

Enjoy man! Jealous of your accumulating snowfall. Fired up my wood burning stove tonight, while sipping some makers mark to warm me some up a little more. 

Thanks! Nowhere near what the UP or Tip of the Mitt have...but all in due time.

I really like how winter is progressing south each week. After the brief warmup next week, it looks like a good push of cold air will return again and keep setting winter in. Hopefully it will continue that way for months to come. :)

1 hour ago, Hoosier said:

Quite a wind event on the 00z Euro next weekend.  Belt of 60-70 kt winds at 850 mb in the post frontal regime.

Yeah that is quite the whopper of a storm, if it slows up any we could be talking a severe weather setup, hell at verbatim there was one overnight next Friday (though subject to wild changes between now and then).

4 minutes ago, Stebo said:

Yeah that is quite the whopper of a storm, if it slows up any we could be talking a severe weather setup, hell at verbatim there was one overnight next Friday (though subject to wild changes between now and then).

Slower would be good to try to maximize moisture return.  

Archived