Newest Member
    SnowHabit
November 2017 Discussion

hlcater

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, BuffaloWeather said:

The incredible strong GOA Ridge begins to weaken and slide west during the 2nd week of Nov on most ENS packages which allows some cooler air to work its way into the great lakes. I still think this month will be 2-4 degrees above normal. 4indices.png

gfs-ens_z500a_namer_9.png

gfs-ens_z500a_namer_47.png

ecmwf-ens_z500a_namer_2.png

ecmwf-ens_z500a_namer_11.png

What's up with that non-stop Bering Sea ridge though? It's literally there the entire time and doesn't want to go away. That's ridiculous.

5 hours ago, Stebo said:

Lol of course you'd **** on 17" of snow. Keep on trolling :lmao:

The vast majority of that month had no snow..... anywhere in Michigan.

Snowmobile trails open December 1st every year. Not much I can do with 1-3 inches in the western UP.

nsm_depth_2015113005_Northern_Great_Lake

or 

Up to 20 inches in the UP.

nsm_depth_2014113005_Northern_Great_Lake

Of course from a storm watcher aspect, the Nov 21st storm would make the month. It was completely gone in like 3 days though.

19 hours ago, Jonger said:

The vast majority of that month had no snow..... anywhere in Michigan.

Snowmobile trails open December 1st every year. Not much I can do with 1-3 inches in the western UP.

nsm_depth_2015113005_Northern_Great_Lake

or 

Up to 20 inches in the UP.

nsm_depth_2014113005_Northern_Great_Lake

Of course from a storm watcher aspect, the Nov 21st storm would make the month. It was completely gone in like 3 days though.

We has 5" and it lasted 4 days. Yours probably lasted a week. You KNOW im a snowcover person like you, but it would be completely unrealistic to expect sustained pack in November here. Lay it down in the Northwoods. November is a taste of things to come for the following 4 months.

5 hours ago, michsnowfreak said:

We has 5" and it lasted 4 days. Yours probably lasted a week. You KNOW im a snowcover person like you, but it would be completely unrealistic to expect sustained pack in November here. Lay it down in the Northwoods. November is a taste of things to come for the following 4 months.

It melted from the bottom up. The next morning depth went down. I rode my snowmobile till 4am though.

:lol:

On 11/1/2017 at 7:00 PM, UMB WX said:

rainsucks and my golf clubs would violently like an explanation also.  Great time to break a drought also.  Nov. can be a rough in between month.

at least the GFS looks a bit more promising for some golf days in the long range. Then watch it show -15 or -20C 850s next run.

High of only 32 today with the heaviest, darkest, dampest overcast imaginable.  Made me think back a few weeks ago to the record warm 70's, and almost  felt a slight twinge of pain in my stomach knowing that kind of weather is gone...for a long time. Snow moving in tonight, Fourth WWA this season thus far.  Days sure are short.

19 hours ago, cmillzz said:

It has been quite a foul autumn thus far with all the warm days busting way on the low side. Hoping it will be worth it though for this upcoming winter and spring.

I don't know how to grade this fall any better so far. It would be a 10 if the foliage show wasn't a pretty much total failure in the MW.   You must have a twin sibling in Ill that post here.

About an inch and a half of snow here this afternoon.  Sharp gradient across the twin cities though.  A few miles south of me received less than an inch, a few miles north of me 3 inches.  I'm stuck in the middle at about 1.5.  I'll take it.  Third snowfall in the past week, second measurable.

3 hours ago, weatherbo said:

High of only 32 today with the heaviest, darkest, dampest overcast imaginable.  Made me think back a few weeks ago to the record warm 70's, and almost  felt a slight twinge of pain in my stomach knowing that kind of weather is gone...for a long time. Snow moving in tonight, Fourth WWA this season thus far.  Days sure are short.

The changing weather makes me literally sick, for 8 days so far. I long for the 70s right now. Sometimes I wonder why I don't move to a warmer weather climate. I never get sick in summer only in late fall, winter, early spring. 

51 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

The changing weather makes me literally sick, for 8 days so far. I long for the 70s right now. Sometimes I wonder why I don't move to a warmer weather climate. I never get sick in summer only in late fall, winter, early spring. 

For me it's the lack of sun that affects me most.  This time of the year my sleep patterns get all out of whack and cause havoc.

4 minutes ago, weatherbo said:

For me it's the lack of sun that affects me most.  This time of the year my sleep patterns get all out of whack and cause havoc.

I get sick for 1-2 weeks in October/November and in March/April with sinus infections when the seasons change, its like clockwork. I would never get sick if I lived in the south. 

9 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

I get sick for 1-2 weeks in October/November and in March/April with sinus infections when the seasons change, its like clockwork. I would never get sick if I lived in the south. 

I feel ya... I had those same problems. Then I started a regimen of vitamin C, zinc, apple cider vinegar and nasal saline and it seems to keep it at bay.  Try it out, at least for when the seasons are changing and see if it helps.

Archived