Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Tuesday, October 24th, 2017 Strong to Severe Storm Potential

weatherwiz

9 minutes ago, WxBlue said:

Lack of diabetic heating should limit destabilization for the most part, as noted by SPC. Not really much you can do with the severe potential if you struggle to get the CAPE above 500 j/kg in few spots, but I've seen crazier things in limited set-ups. Wind threat still a major factor synoptically, however.

Diabetics ruin everything.

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Winds are really ripping up here at 1100 feet.  I have an unlimited S exposure so getting blasted.  My ancient Davis anemometer has only recorded a peak wind of 33mph but it seems much higher.  Wonder if we will lose power?  Several days ago I thought most the trees would be bare but its not to be just yet. Foliage is just beautiful this morning.  Leaves hanging in there.  Here is a 15 minute quick timelapse.  Cu flying overhead!   https://video.nest.com/clip/0601a697adaf4ebab5b542c9c86fdbd1.mp4

1 minute ago, CT Rain said:

lol you're the one that stays up at night looking at a water vapor loop for a storm 500 miles offshore!

Cmon Ryan, you needed something to talk about, lol San Diego Wxmen syndrome. As far as the above goes? Say wut? I only stay up all night for Jan 11s and Feb 13's, fuk that I need beauty sleep and lots of it. Should be a good stormy night, about time but Kevin is rock hard at a 43 mph gust on top of the high school, lol

2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Cmon Ryan, you needed something to talk about, lol San Diego Wxmen syndrome. As far as the above goes? Say wut? I only stay up all night for Jan 11s and Feb 13's, fuk that I need beauty sleep and lots of it. Should be a good stormy night, about time but Kevin is rock hard at a 43 mph gust on top of the high school, lol

It’s just getting started. Hopefully none of your twist tied on gutters comes down tonight 

28 minutes ago, Quincy said:

Destabilize that boundary layer and don't be surprised if there's a spin up or two in western SNE. 700-500mb lapse rates are meh, but we've certainly seen worse. (~6 C/km)

IMG_5414.thumb.JPG.b63a05872a54a9f55208188dd2de5920.JPG

The sun poking out helps too. DXR lives matter, pray for the mall, Cheescake Factory, and Taco Bell to stay upright. 

2 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Lmao....Especially the Cheesecake Factory..god forbid that got taken down by a twister, panic would be Rampant for the Danbury Peeps!!

I’ve got a bad feeling it gets pretty close to dangerrous levels later. It’s like when I can smell a big snowstorm coming the morning of....this is similar, but I don’t get a full fledged boner over it. 

When Wizzy is beating off on his printed soundings spread across his dorm...we run and hide. 

2 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I’ve got a bad feeling it gets pretty close to dangerrous levels later. It’s like when I can smell a big snowstorm coming the morning of....this is similar, but I don’t get a full fledged boner over it. 

When Wizzy is beating off on his printed soundings spread across his dorm...we run and hide. 

:lmao:

Looking at the radar at the moment...not very impressive.  Most of that very narrow line as is, looks to miss most of CT, and there isn't much off to the south of that at the moment.  I would imagine more showers/rain/storms are expected to develop, because if not...that isn't looking all that robust to me at this moment.  

Archived