Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
October 29-30th Intense Storm From Tropics Discussions & Observations

bluewave

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

50-60mph+ southerly winds would be horrible for the beaches down here and would drive tons of water into the bays. The Euro last night showed gusts to 70 here. The fact that models continue to amp up the low and move it into NJ while dumping up to 4" of rain is quite concerning. That would cause some pretty bad power outages and coastal flooding. Around here, barely anyone is even talking about this potential. 

Hi all looking for some advice.  When is this storm really supposed to get cranking?   I am flying into nyc area from west cost tommorow supposed to land around 430pm.  Airline giving us option to reschedule flight.   Is that before the worst of it so do u think flights will be delayed or cancelled by then?  Should I just reschedule for Monday?  Thanks

3 minutes ago, christhesnowman said:

Hi all looking for some advice.  When is this storm really supposed to get cranking?   I am flying into nyc area from west cost tommorow supposed to land around 430pm.  Airline giving us option to reschedule flight.   Is that before the worst of it so do u think flights will be delayed or cancelled by then?  Should I just reschedule for Monday?  Thanks

Rain moves in later tonight, things get cranking tomorrow morning with the worst affects tomorrow afternoon into tomorrow night but winds will be an issue going into Monday as well the way it looks as of now.

7 minutes ago, christhesnowman said:

depends which airport, but there will be major delays and cancellations at all 3 metro airports sunday and monday. wx will be impactful to aviation first thing sunday morning and only worsens from there.

1 minute ago, Neblizzard said:

A nightmare scenario if the euro is right with those winds.  

It's probably overdone with the 90+ mph gusts, but it'll be very nasty if the low goes west of NYC to say the least. It'll be a big surprise here in Long Beach given how little this is being talked about. We have a 5th anniversary "commemoration" of Sandy tomorrow afternoon too. :lol:

2 hours ago, christhesnowman said:

There'll probably be heavy rain at that time tomw (Sunday) but the strong winds shouldn't be an issue yet. The winds will affect the area later on at night into Monday and they can cause bad travel delays that will screw up time schedules for most of the day on Monday. Also, it depends which airport you're flying into..... I imagine JFK will be worst. I'd stick with tomorrow's flight. Good luck.

Archived