Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
October 29-30th Intense Storm From Tropics Discussions & Observations

bluewave

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Stormlover74 said:

Most of the models had a strong line moving through late this morning but it doesn't look too promising

Looks like most of that is currently located in Eastern PA. The HRRR has several lines developing throughout the day as everything slowly slides North and East. Like I said yesterday, don't expect widespread activity, but rather periods of heavier squalls.

38 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

Looks like most of that is currently located in Eastern PA. The HRRR has several lines developing throughout the day as everything slowly slides North and East. Like I said yesterday, don't expect widespread activity, but rather periods of heavier squalls.

Yeah but I'm not even sure we'll see those heavier squalls. Just scattered shower activity. Everything ramps up over LI later

It does look some heavier stuff near Delaware might swing through in a few hours

1 hour ago, Stormlover74 said:

Yeah but I'm not even sure we'll see those heavier squalls. Just scattered shower activity. Everything ramps up over LI later

It does look some heavier stuff near Delaware might swing through in a few hours

This looks decent for some

Screenshot_20171024-110048.jpg

3 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

When are you going to learn that in convective setups like today you're never going to see widespread heavy totals?

mesoscale models like the Nam, RGEM had a narrow, but steady swath of 1-3 inches rain just east of NYC for days....one would expect those models to have a clue.  I can see a global not seeing it.

10 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

mesoscale models like the Nam, RGEM had a narrow, but steady swath of 1-3 inches rain just east of NYC for days....one would expect those models to have a clue.  I can see a global not seeing it.

Like Forky said yesterday, it's impossible for models to know exactly where the training was going to setup. QPF is the least useful and least accurate tool in modeling. They are useful for figuring out the biggest threat areas, and they did a good job of focusing on NJ for the first batch and Long Island for the second.

This appears to be the latest in a string of major underperformers - by major, I mean like at or below the 10th percentile outcome for the majority of the area.

Of course, this event is not over, but I wouldn't be shocked if the latest band passing through my section of NJ was more or less all she wrote.

• Rjay pinned this topic
  • BxEngine unpinned this topic

Archived