Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
October 14 Severe Threat

Hoosier

14 minutes ago, NWLinnCountyIA said:

Looks like you just barely missed a mesovortex on the leading edge. Probably led to a localized area of ~70mph winds. 

adba4137ae2ebc38e1ae5759cbe86c19.png

Ho hum gusts at my place but that thing looks like it passed within a couple blocks of where my sister lives.

5 minutes ago, Indystorm said:

WGN reporting power lines down in Schererville and St. John....about where that vortex signature was located in radar image posted above in this thread.

Yeah, was just about to post that.

Another round moving in now but nothing severe currently.  

Amazing some of the monsoonal rains areas of Michigan have had this year. Earlier in the summer it was the Mt. Pleasant area with 5 to 8 inches of rain in less than a day's time. Today has been a repeat of that scenario in the Kalamazoo and Battle Creek areas of Michigan. Over 6 inches of rain and still coming down!

12 hours ago, Indystorm said:

WGN reporting power lines down in Schererville and St. John....about where that vortex signature was located in radar image posted above in this thread.

Apparently there is quite a bit of tree damage in an area around US 30.  I am tied up with a prior commitment and it may be dark by the time I can get out but I'm going to try to get there and take a look.

11 hours ago, Hoosier said:

Apparently there is quite a bit of tree damage in an area around US 30.  I am tied up with a prior commitment and it may be dark by the time I can get out but I'm going to try to get there and take a look.

I was able to get out there and drove around for a while looking for damage.  I found some big limbs down in a subdivision south of U.S. 30 and scattered tree damage elsewhere, but was unable to get everywhere I wanted to as it was getting too dark and there was a section of road closed with utility crews still on scene.  May head back tomorrow since I know exactly where I need to go.  

Archived