Welcome to American Weather
40/70 Benchmark

Snowy Holiday GTG 2017

Snowy Holiday GTG 2017   20 members have voted

  1. 1. When should we meet to discuss snow and visions of One-Eyed Pigs?

    • Monday Dec Eighteen
    • Friday Dec Twenty Two
    • Saturday Dec Twenty Three

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

102 posts in this topic

Just finally noticed this thread-mods should consider pinning as we’re getting closer.  The only day that works for me is 12/18.  I’ll be there if that’s the date. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, weathafella said:

Just finally noticed this thread-mods should consider pinning as we’re getting closer.  The only day that works for me is 12/18.  I’ll be there if that’s the date. 

It's been pinned for about a month now Jerry. :wacko:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Maybe next year then, again...or I’ll have to wait for a non EMA gtg. 

I used to go when they held them on weekends. But no one outside of the immediate area can get there on a weeknight, much less during the holiday season . So it limits who can go 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Maybe next year then, again...or I’ll have to wait for a non EMA gtg. 

 

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I used to go when they held them on weekends. But no one outside of the immediate area can get there on a weeknight, much less during the holiday season . So it limits who can go 

Maybe we can plan for something in Springfield this winter?  I don't know a lot of the venues down there but I'm sure there must be some appropriate places for a dozen or so weenies. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

 

Maybe we can plan for something in Springfield this winter?  I don't know a lot of the venues down there but I'm sure there must be some appropriate places for a dozen or so weenies. 

Not a bad idea but don't think you'd get anybody living east of Sturbridge to show.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, scoob40 said:

Not a bad idea but don't think you'd get anybody living east of Sturbridge to show.

There was a gtg in North Hampton back in November 2010 that had excellent attendance from the east. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

 

Maybe we can plan for something in Springfield this winter?  I don't know a lot of the venues down there but I'm sure there must be some appropriate places for a dozen or so weenies. 

Can do that. It’s just that why would they plan it on a weeknight? Almost like they don’t want to see anyone other than locals 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Can do that. It’s just that why would they plan it on a weeknight? Almost like they don’t want to see anyone other than locals 

I dunno prob tradition. The original Xmas gtg was meant as a small one after work on a Monday night in 2013. It's hard to do one on weekends around the holidays. Mid winter is def easier. We've done them multiple times in January and February on weekends. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Can do that. It’s just that why would they plan it on a weeknight? Almost like they don’t want to see anyone other than locals 

It’s Boston’s world, we just living in it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

 

Maybe we can plan for something in Springfield this winter?  I don't know a lot of the venues down there but I'm sure there must be some appropriate places for a dozen or so weenies. 

That’s a good geographical location to get folks from a good portion of the region to attend. Weekend in Jan probably is best. Most wifes would be happy to get a night to themselves in the heart of a deep winter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

It's been pinned for about a month now Jerry. :wacko:

Lol...didn’t even realize it!  I look forward to catching up with everyone!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I used to go when they held them on weekends. But no one outside of the immediate area can get there on a weeknight, much less during the holiday season . So it limits who can go 

I've gone for the past 3 years and will most likely make it to this one.  Monday does suck, but like Will says I think it was really a local thing at the begnining.  

I do wish that Ray had looked into the home game scheduels of the Bruins and Celtics because there is a Bruins game that night which will make the drive in pretty sh.tty for us out of towners not to mention the equally shi.tty parking situation.   But no one seems to think of those things.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This gtg is to kick off winter-juju that brought us February 2015.   I’m willing to go to Worcester and beyond but frankly would still prefer weekdays-I’d just plan to be off the next day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

There was a gtg in North Hampton back in November 2010 that had excellent attendance from the east. 

 Yeah, the Northampton  gathering may have had as many from the east as locals.   That's why I think so I'm Springfield recommendations might work out.  Worcester is OK with me also.

 

O

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

There was a gtg in North Hampton back in November 2010 that had excellent attendance from the east. 

I was at that one too. It too was on a weekend. There’s not one easterner now that would come there on a weeknight . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Funky Murphy's was super awesome...it would definitely be great to have another g2g there.  We should shoot for something over the summer.  What we need to do is just throw out a date like 5-6 months in advance so anyone interested in going can just make sure that date is open.  If that date is open for them when its posted if something happens to come up the commitment to go has been made before hand.  

If Monday, December 18th it is I'll definitely go this time.  I will make sure I'm not working that day and perhaps I'll even find a cheap hotel and stay the night.  It will be great to see everyone again.  I think the last few people I saw were like Will and Quincy and whoever else went to the last conference.  The last g2g I went too might have been in like 2013?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I was at that one too. It too was on a weekend. There’s not one easterner now that would come there on a weeknight . 

But you could do like Jerry and just take off the Tuesday after.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I was at that one too. It too was on a weekend. There’s not one easterner now that would come there on a weeknight . 

 You had me and the infamous poster from Chesterfield compare ponytails LOL.  Ray and I think even Rick came to that one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

 You had me and the infamous poster from Chesterfield compare ponytails LOL.  Ray and I think even Rick came to that one.

Lol. I remember that. Pony O’s were flying around the bar. 

Yeah Rick with white lions mane was there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Cold Miser said:

I've gone for the past 3 years and will most likely make it to this one.  Monday does suck, but like Will says I think it was really a local thing at the begnining.  

I do wish that Ray had looked into the home game scheduels of the Bruins and Celtics because there is a Bruins game that night which will make the drive in pretty sh.tty for us out of towners not to mention the equally shi.tty parking situation.   But no one seems to think of those things.

 

First of all, the Bruins blow and won't draw a huge Monday night crowd.

Secondly, I really don't think it will impact the parking situation at gov. center.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, scoob40 said:

Not a bad idea but don't think you'd get anybody living east of Sturbridge to show.

I went to North Hampton and I would go there, provided it was on a weekend.

I know some out west are upset that this is not on a weekend, but I included Friday night and Saturday options, but the majority has spoken.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.