Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Hurricane Nate

downeastnc

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quite a bust by SPC from this morning. They only had a small area under the "marginal" category.  It looks like they upgraded our area to "slight" maybe an hour ago. Also, no tornado watch box? It seems like we've had 5 or 6 touchdowns in the upstate at minimum today.

Way more active than the "high" risk bust day we had back in the spring.  

2 minutes ago, SmokeEater said:

That looks like a mobile home to me, ton of undamaged trees around it too.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I think it is a mobile home, but the undamaged trees are most likely due to the narrow path width.  They showed a live shot video at the scene and there's a narrow 50 to 100yd wide path thats leveled with no tree's standing.

Quite a bust by SPC from this morning. They only had a small area under the "marginal" category.  It looks like they upgraded our area to "slight" maybe an hour ago. Also, no tornado watch box? It seems like we've had 5 or 6 touchdowns in the upstate at minimum today.

Can't compare this to spring days, and I usually hate bashing SPC, but I can't argue with you. Not a single watch.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, mackerel_sky said:

Yeah, I've been saying rain bust for about 3 days now. I'd be happy to get1", that may not even happen! TWC had me at 2-3" on their local afternoon update!

Ahem...

Looks like Simpsonville got 2" as of this moment.  Three different Wunderground stations near you got 1.87, 1.83, and 2.26 inches.

3 hours ago, burrel2 said:

Seems par for course with severe weather around here the past few years. When there's a watch,  mothi ng hardly happens.  And the worse severe weather happens when there's no watch at all.

Archived