Weathernoob335
2017-18 New England Snow

Kevin W

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, EastonSN+ said:

Wow nice. What's the average up there?

There's definitely often quite a gradient from here to I84 area in Danbury to the south or even the Housatonic River valley to east, so I would say in the 60-65" range.

I  usually don't keep great statistics myself and would be interested in resources that have better information.  I know there's someone (or multiple people?) from New Fairfield who often reports in to NWS and TV stations, and maybe someone like that has better statistics?  Those reports usually seem pretty accurate to me.

11 hours ago, EastonSN+ said:

+2.5

49.5 total

SWCT average range 30 to 35.

Still only 4 below average winters this century.

That's pretty incredible.  I don't even know what a below average winter for you guys would look like.  At least once a month it seems some big storm tees it up along the coast these winters.  

11 hours ago, powderfreak said:

That's pretty incredible.  I don't even know what a below average winter for you guys would look like.  At least once a month it seems some big storm tees it up along the coast these winters.  

Below average is pretty brutal. 2001 2002 we had 4.5 inches for the entire year.

2011 2012 only has 11.5, and 5.5 came from the Halloween storm.

2006 2007 and 2007 2008 were between 10 and 20.

The thing is our yearly average is so low here that 2 storms alone could get us close. For SWCT coastal the average is 30 to 35. Get 2 12 inchers and a 6 incher and we're there.

Archived