• Welcome to American Weather

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Steve

Let's Talk Winter!!

Well its official, we recorded 15mins worth of heavy snow at in March!  B)

Text: KMGY 131709Z AUTO 33012KT 1/4SM +SN VV006 M01/M04 A3004 RMK AO2 P0001 T10111039
Temperature: -1.1°C ( 30°F)
Dewpoint: -3.9°C ( 25°F) [RH = 81%]
Pressure (altimeter): 30.04 inches Hg (1017.4 mb)
Winds: from the NNW (330 degrees) at 14 MPH (12 knots; 6.2 m/s)
Visibility: 0.25 sm ( 0.40 km)
Ceiling: indefinite ceiling with vertical visibility of 600 feet AGL
Clouds: obscured sky
Weather: +SN (heavy snow)
QC Flag: automated observation with no human augmentation
Text: KMGY 131700Z AUTO 34013G22KT 1/4SM +SN BKN011 OVC033 M01/M04 A3004 RMK AO2 P0000 T10111039
Temperature: -1.1°C ( 30°F)
Dewpoint: -3.9°C ( 25°F) [RH = 81%]
Pressure (altimeter): 30.04 inches Hg (1017.4 mb)
Winds: from the NNW (340 degrees) at 15 MPH (13 knots; 6.7 m/s) gusting to 25 MPH (22 knots; 11.3 m/s)
Ceiling: 1100 feet AGL
Clouds: broken clouds at 1100 feet AGL, overcast cloud deck at 3300 feet AGL
Text: KMGY 131653Z AUTO 34016G23KT 1/4SM +SN FEW007 BKN016 OVC048 M01/M04 A3004 RMK AO2 SNB40 SLP183 P0000 T10061044
Temperature: -0.6°C ( 31°F)
Dewpoint: -4.4°C ( 24°F) [RH = 75%]
Pressure (altimeter): 30.04 inches Hg (1017.4 mb) [Sea level pressure: 1018.3 mb]
Winds: from the NNW (340 degrees) at 18 MPH (16 knots; 8.2 m/s) gusting to 26 MPH (23 knots; 11.8 m/s)
Ceiling: 1600 feet AGL
Clouds: few clouds at 700 feet AGL, broken clouds at 1600 feet AGL, overcast cloud deck at 4800 feet AGL

9 hours ago, pondo1000 said:

This says it all! LMAO!!

ecmwf_acc_snow_greatlakes_174.png

00z GFS gives us some love. It would be nice if the euro agreed, but its performance of late has been lackluster.

29 minutes ago, vespasian70 said:

00z GFS gives us some love. It would be nice if the euro agreed, but its performance of late has been lackluster.

Yeah right GFS.

snku_acc.us_ov.png

3 hours ago, snowlover2 said:

Yeah right GFS.

snku_acc.us_ov.png

Well I'd take that. I'm ready for spring, but if we can get an 8-12" system I'd take that then root for the warmth a few days afterwards lol

7 hours ago, dilly84 said:

Well I'd take that. I'm ready for spring, but if we can get an 8-12" system I'd take that then root for the warmth a few days afterwards lol

0z Euro showed a similar solution to GFS but a little more north and also weaker some. 

Wake up people! I know it’s March & this upcomer would be waaayyy better in January, but nonetheless trends are good. Maybe, just maybe, our first WSW in 3 years for central Ohio! 

10 minutes ago, pondo1000 said:

Wake up people! I know it’s March & this upcomer would be wasay better in January, but nonetheless trends are good. Maybe, just maybe, our first WSW in 3 years for central Ohio! 

I think we're all gun-shy outside of 12 hour leads on snow lol

Just now, buckeye said:

I think we're all gun-shy outside of 12 hour leads on snow lol

I know. Just think this one is trending different (better). Would u agree? 

6 minutes ago, pondo1000 said:

I know. Just think this one is trending different (better). Would u agree? 

yea, appears to be.  Might finally break the seal on getting a winter storm watch.   Of course we do it in true CMH-style....   first day of spring lol.

4 minutes ago, buckeye said:

yea, appears to be.  Might finally break the seal on getting a winter storm watch.   Of course we do it in true CMH-style....   first day of spring lol.

Right?! So crazy, but that’s mother nature I guess, trying the even things out. 

We actually had a Watch back in December that never panned into Warning. I think it has been 3 years since we had a Warning, definitely 2 years. 

Just now, iluvsnow said:

Couldn't buy a good snow in the heart of winter....now that April shows up...my backyard is targeted for a half a foot {Dayton, Ohio} That mother nature can be a practical joker. I know, April fools. I'm not laughing:

namconus_asnow_us_16.png

Right? It is the NAM though so amounts always too much. Cut that in half, but still, I feel your pain here to your east. 

soooo...

anyone interested in the friday night / saturday possible event?    Models are slowly trending further north and stronger which seems like a pretty reasonable possibility to expect this time of year.   The Sunday night 4-6" surprise was expected to be a weak p.o.s. scraping to our far south 4 days out and look what it did.....and this one is a more dynamic system. 

just say'n.

maybe our final curtain call for the winter and then we can finally put on the short sleeves and sunglasses!

15 minutes ago, buckeye said:

soooo...

anyone interested in the friday night / saturday possible event?    Models are slowly trending further north and stronger which seems like a pretty reasonable possibility to expect this time of year.   The Sunday night 4-6" surprise was expected to be a weak p.o.s. scraping to our far south 4 days out and look what it did.....and this one is a more dynamic system. 

just say'n.

maybe our final curtain call for the winter and then we can finally put on the short sleeves and sunglasses!

I’d like to actually witness a plastering if possible! Lol. Most of us were sleeping while Sunday night was going on. If this continues to trend better & better, may have to pull an all nighter! Then, let’s bring on Spring finally!

What a wild week of weather though huh? Snow, heavy rain & thunderstorms (some tornadic activity) and then cold & snow again? Pretty cool actually.