Newest Member
    Dano62
Let's Talk Winter!!

Steve

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, buckeye said:

5" here.   Pretty much as expected and no complaints.  One hell of a 5 hour dump...inch an hour.    If this thing had been a little slower.... then again it might have allowed more warm air in.   I guess it truly was the best case scenario for CMH.

No complaints.  I guess all eyes for us turn to whatever happens late weekend.   Signal actually looks sort of icy but light.

@wxdudemike:   that sucks.  I looked at radar early morning and was surprised how far north the mix/rain had come into Ohio.

Yeah definitely disappointing....Still waiting for that elusive 6" storm lol.  Granted this one would have only been 3-4 inches based on how much liquid equiv. we got.  

10 hours ago, pondo1000 said:

And thus no Winter Storm Warnings in what, 8 years? LOL

Yea our last two events should clearly have been warnings....not just for snow amounts.  Wind with the first one and timing, (morning rush) with yesterdays.  

Looks like we head into a depressingly boring period ahead.   God I hate February.  That's why I root for either torches or big dogs....those are the only options that help moot the dismal reality that is February.

3 hours ago, buckeye said:

Yea our last two events should clearly have been warnings....not just for snow amounts.  Wind with the first one and timing, (morning rush) with yesterdays.  

Looks like we head into a depressingly boring period ahead.   God I hate February.  That's why I root for either torches or big dogs....those are the only options that help moot the dismal reality that is February.

This is exactly how I feel.

5 hours ago, buckeye said:

As person my post from the banter thread I haven’t seen a snowfall 7” or greater since 3/1/15. I haven’t seen a snowfall of 5” or greater since 3/1/15. These last 3 winters have been pure garbage for anyone south of I-80. Chicago and Detroit peeps have cashed in repeatedly. Bring on spring. Over this pattern. 

6 hours ago, snowlover2 said:

Moderate snow with slushy accumulations appearing on cars and grassy areas.

I had a dart tourney down in Cincy today, they had a half inch on by 3pm or so, then went to rain.  I came home to the SE side of Dayton at 7pm and it was dumping the snow with big flakes, but at 33 degrees not much sticking.

• 2 weeks later...

Getting ready to write the obit on winter 17-18 for central OH.   I just looked at the eps day 15 snow totals and Ohio is virtually a shutout on 46 of 50 members ...those ain't good odds, lol.  I'll hold off on a grade until end of March but it's not looking good for anything substantial in the foreseeable future which takes us into warmer times and higher sun angle anyways.    But since we have had a blockbuster as late as April, I won't totally close the book yet.    

I thought a record-breaking block in the north atlantic might cause enough craziness and mayhem to cause us to trip and fall backwards into a possible 'event'.   Oh well.

1 hour ago, buckeye said:

Getting ready to write the obit on winter 17-18 for central OH.   I just looked at the eps day 15 snow totals and Ohio is virtually a shutout on 46 of 50 members ...those ain't good odds, lol.  I'll hold off on a grade until end of March but it's not looking good for anything substantial in the foreseeable future which takes us into warmer times and higher sun angle anyways.    But since we have had a blockbuster as late as April, I won't totally close the book yet.    

I thought a record-breaking block in the north atlantic might cause enough craziness and mayhem to cause us to trip and fall backwards into a possible 'event'.   Oh well.

Depressing. Winter looks like it may have ended around here February 10th. Which, considering a pretty good end of December into January, is VERY disappointing. Stupid groundhog!

If I hear anything about the SAI next year I am going to scream! LOL

On ‎2‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 7:45 AM, buckeye said:

Ut oh!  can you say fantasy cut off low only 5 days out?

March 11-12 GFS Cutoff Low Snow Storm.PNG

Archived