Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Let's Talk Winter!!

Steve

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Flurries off and on yesterday, but that was all she wrote. Was nice to at least see flakes fly, used my wood burning stove for the first time this year as well. 

Looks like the pattern is going dry for the foreseeable future, and a warmup next weekend. No snow in my forecast for the next 8 days. Ugh. 

3 hours ago, iluvsnow said:

Not that I believe this til it happens...but the 12 Z Euro snow maps for Christmas day. All of this falls on Christmas day for Ohio 

Wow! Talk about the perfect "3 C" highway dump for Christmas!  But that massive HP approaching 1070mb just after Xmas day will probably drive the deep moisture too far east.

3 minutes ago, NoDoppler4TnySandz said:

You guys playing Possum in here, scared you'll jinx the pattern? LOL! I guess it's easy to do when we have been scorned by winters of the past. 

But it's a NEW season!!!! Wake up....time to dream big.  I like what I see over the next 2 weeks...this is OUR year!

LOL. Think we have been burned too much! Maybe our luck will change....let’s hope!

3 hours ago, NoDoppler4TnySandz said:

You guys playing Possum in here, scared you'll jinx the pattern? LOL! I guess it's easy to do when we have been scorned by winters of the past. 

But it's a NEW season!!!! Wake up....time to dream big.  I like what I see over the next 2 weeks...this is OUR year!

It definitely will be active! Whether it's rain or snow is yet to be determined, but I'd rather have this than a cold and dry suppressed pattern.

21 hours ago, NoDoppler4TnySandz said:

Recent model runs are why we are very pessimistic around here..............

22 hours ago, NoDoppler4TnySandz said:

Have been saying this elsewhere for months. Just a gut thing based on all the screw-overs you've suffered. Plainly, OHV is owed. Glad the GFS is pushing next week's BD to the EC, let them take some model beatings for a few days til it shifts back. 

On 12/20/2017 at 2:34 PM, NoDoppler4TnySandz said:

You nailed it Buddy!  I'm currently enjoying the warmth of the Bahamas right now but I'd be lying if I said I haven't been watching model runs to see what's up when I get back,

That being said I think us Ohioans (at least the i70 corridor crowd) have developed a cynicism unmatched in its depth and validation  .....explaining the anemic growth of this thread.

Don't show me fantasy storms or perfect patterns ...

SHOW ME THE SNOW

Happy Holidays all!

15 hours ago, buckeye said:

You nailed it Buddy!  I'm currently enjoying the warmth of the Bahamas right now but I'd be lying if I said I haven't been watching model runs to see what's up when I get back,

That being said I think us Ohioans (at least the i70 corridor crowd) have developed a cynicism unmatched in its depth and validation  .....explaining the anemic growth of this thread.

SHOW ME THE SNOW

Happy Holidays all!

Phew!!! When I posted my message a couple of days ago, I thought to myself..."surprised Buckeye hasn't checked in.?. I hope he's ok"...... and all the while you are in the Bahamas. :lol:

16 hours ago, buckeye said:

SHOW ME THE SNOW

Happy Holidays all!

Ha!  I referenced you earlier this week in one of the other model watchn threads, someone said something like "when will this system get locked down" and I replied "When Buckeye says so!".  B)

My son just got a cool snow tube for his birthday. I asked him what he was going to do with it since it doesn’t snow here anymore! Lol. It came w/ a gift receipt so thinking we should return it for a warm coat when it’s cold & dry & some rain boots when it’s warm & wet! 

Our luck has to change soon doesn’t it? Here’s to an inch at least hopefully on Christmas Eve!

On 12/20/2017 at 2:34 PM, NoDoppler4TnySandz said:

This is why. New year, same screw jobs for much of the Ohio Board. Over the past 3 years, winter (that I have always looked forward to) has just become dead here. Idk what, if anything will change it. These two photos are prime examples of why many of us are not posting much anymore. 

EDIT: Only let me.upload 1. GFS looks the same, however.

Screenshot_20171223-053010_1.png

7 minutes ago, dilly84 said:

This is why. New year, same screw jobs for much of the Ohio Board. Over the past 3 years, winter (that I have always looked forward to) has just become dead here. Idk what, if anything will change it. These two photos are prime examples of why many of us are not posting much anymore. 

EDIT: Only let me.upload 1. GFS looks the same, however.

Screenshot_20171223-053010_1.png

That says it all right there! What a horrible run it has been. 

I'm not sure how much snow we got, but yea technically a white Christmas.   The long range looks absolutely atrocious....brutal cold and weak mirage snow events, (they weaken and disappear as the timing approaches).

The 500 pattern is about the worst you would want for us.  Hell, I'd rather have a historic southeast ridge :maphot: than what is expected over the next week.  Nothing is capable of amplifying and even clippers get shunted and shredded as they come in.  

I guess the only good thing is that typically when you get a brutal stretch of cold like this , (lasting a couple weeks)...more often than not, it usually ends up being old man winters only real wad shot for the season.    Early spring??   fingers crossed. :)

Oh well, I'm glad we're not giving too much respect in the form of over analyzing and falling for every digital snow storm in the long range, (ala the MA forum).    Barely 3 pages, which is what this winter deserves so far.   Last year we gave 11 pages of speculation to what ended up being 9" of snow.    I think we, (the central Ohio crowd), are beginning to learn our lesson.  

sorry for the bah humbug.... :P

2 minutes ago, buckeye said:

I'm not sure how much snow we got, but yea technically a white Christmas.   The long range looks absolutely atrocious....brutal cold and weak mirage snow events, (they weaken and disappear as the timing approaches).

The 500 pattern is about the worst you would want for us.  Hell, I'd rather have a historic southeast ridge :maphot: than what is expected over the next week.  Nothing is capable of amplifying and even clippers get shunted and shredded as they come in.  

I guess the only good thing is that typically when you get a brutal stretch of cold like this , (lasting a couple weeks)...more often than not, it usually ends up being old man winters only real wad shot for the season.    Early spring??   fingers crossed. :)

Oh well, I'm glad we're not giving too much respect in the form of over analyzing and falling for every digital snow storm in the long range, (ala the MA forum).    Barely 3 pages, which is what this winter deserves so far.   Last year we gave 11 pages of speculation to what ended up being 9" of snow.    I think we, (the central Ohio crowd), are beginning to learn our lesson.  

sorry for the bah humbug.... :P

Actually Friday night/Saturday looks interesting. GGEM/Euro/Ukie all showing a decent looking clipper that strengthens as it moves toward and into Ohio. Should have good ratios with it. 12z GGEM had widespread 3-5" for much of Ohio.

5 hours ago, snowlover2 said:

Actually Friday night/Saturday looks interesting. GGEM/Euro/Ukie all showing a decent looking clipper that strengthens as it moves toward and into Ohio. Should have good ratios with it. 12z GGEM had widespread 3-5" for much of Ohio.

Unfortunately the Euro has been weakening this clipper with each successive run. Hopefully as we get closer to the event it will start ticking up.

Archived