Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
MO/KS/AR/OK 2019-2020 Winter Wonderland Discussion

JoMo

28 minutes ago, NwWhiteOut said:

Man dont remind me how long its been haha, J/K. I guess we are the 3 left to be unlucky ones? Its been flurrying here off and on again man lol, also a lot of returns(seems to be holding together still) coming from the SW that may give us something here in a bit!! Air should be juicy enough still too.

Yahh we might squeeze out a dusting if it holds together lol.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, NwWhiteOut said:

Well snowed decently for about 40 minutes, my worry with this storm all along was warm ground temps. Even at 30 degrees it just barely stuck to the grass, was neat to see though and we got a coating lol...something is better than nothing. MoWeatherGuy, TheWaterboy did you 2 get anything up there?

Got my usual dusting up here lol.  Snowed about 45 mins or so I would say.  And yah that ground was just too warm. 

1 hour ago, MoWeatherguy said:

Oddly enough we've got a heavy rain/snow mix falling here now.  There's a trace of snow on my deck, sitting at 33.

Odd, I just read about that. I heard parts of the area were mixing, I think the temps were way lower all day with this system! Hell the low predicted is 34 and we are already there just about. I'm gonna keep my eyes peeled, should be out of here by midnight though I think Tulsa was saying. More rain tomorrow after midnight, AGAIN!!

3 hours ago, ouamber said:

Wow...this thread is dead. Did any of your Wichita or MO folks get anything?

It sucks we've had the moisture, more than needed actually, but never could get the cold to sustain! This is really not normal for this area!

No sustained negative AO, been stormy at the pole. No blocking.

Haven't had a negative AO since the end of Dec. Models were always wrong in the long range, seasonal models weren't bad as they indicated that would happen.

After a long sustained -AO for months before winter, it had to flip back to balance out.

ao.sprd2.gif

The EPO wasn't able to sustain itself either. 

End result. Fast moving zonal systems with mostly Pacific air. 

• Sad 1