• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
MO/KS/AR/OK 2019-2020 Winter Wonderland Discussion

JoMo

Crazy, my backyard weather station has been going up and down in temps all day(between 37-34 degrees). Sitting at 35 still. I think this may be another non event for fayetteville here once again, maybe later we can squeeze a few flurries out Lol!! It is pouring down rain(occasional sleet mixed in) though, what a shame and what a waste.

Just now, ouamber said:

My brother lives in Morris, near Okmulgee, and he says they have 5 inches so far. 

I’m not exactly sure how it whiffed so much in Tulsa, but hopefully we get a dusting out of whatever comes tonight!

:( You guys are under a warning too for what 3-5" or 4-6"?. Sorry I'm mixed up now with all the social media hype junk and all the forecast changes lol

25 minutes ago, NwWhiteOut said:

Crazy, my backyard weather station has been going up and down in temps all day(between 37-34 degrees). Sitting at 35 still. I think this may be another non event for fayetteville here once again, maybe later we can squeeze a few flurries out Lol!! It is pouring down rain(occasional sleet mixed in) though, what a shame and what a waste.

Snowed hard here about 20 mins, petered out, now its gone lol.  Where's my 1-3" damnit!!  Close to calling this one.

5 minutes ago, MoWeatherguy said:

Snowed hard here about 20 mins, petered out, now its gone lol.  Where's my 1-3" damnit!!  Close to calling this one.

Oh man, we’re done.  Our only hope to eek out anything is the puny wave in TX that comes in late tonight.  Probably won’t amount to much but some mood flakes.  We sat at 33-34 all morning during very heavy precip.  That sucks.  Doinked the game winner off the left upright.  

10 minutes ago, The Waterboy said:

Oh man, we’re done.  Our only hope to eek out anything is the puny wave in TX that comes in late tonight.  Probably won’t amount to much but some mood flakes.  We sat at 33-34 all morning during very heavy precip.  That sucks.  Doinked the game winner off the left upright.  

Yep, lol.  I don't see many more chances this so called winter.   Maybe a little tonite as u say,  if we're lucky.  Temps should be right by then. 

Ended up in the 3-6’’+ warning, and going to finish with about a dusting. That was fun. Bring on severe weather season. This is a joke. Until it actually proves that it can snow here, there really isn’t any reason to pay attention. Climate change has ruined winter in this area. 

• Sad 2

30 minutes ago, MoWeatherguy said:

Shoot I never believed it from the getgo Lol! Its so depressing, I always seem grouchy and I do apologize to everyone if I come off that way. Just so boring of winters that brings me down sometimes or these missed events or over hyped things.

29 minutes ago, MUWX said:

Ended up in the 3-6’’+ warning, and going to finish with about a dusting. That was fun. Bring on severe weather season. This is a joke. Until it actually proves that it can snow here, there really isn’t any reason to pay attention. Climate change has ruined winter in this area. 

I'm with you.  Call it luck, timing, all you want.   Our climate has, and is, changing for the worse. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, JoMo said:

The 18z GFS didn't back down. A bit worried about that, and a bit worried about the warm nose being warmer than modeled. 

I don't know why Springfield can't recognize similar setups and build in a bigger warm nose than anticipated since the models frequently miss it. Similar systems have the exact same issues time and time again.

Warm nose aloft created an area of sleet this morning along the Interstate 44 corridor that cut down on snow amounts.

2 minutes ago, JoMo said:

I don't know why Springfield can't recognize similar setups and build in a bigger warm nose than anticipated since the models frequently miss it. Similar systems have the exact same issues time and time again.

I think anyone here can throw darts at the forecast and be as accurate as SGF is. 

2 minutes ago, MUWX said:

I think anyone here can throw darts at the forecast and be as accurate as SGF is. 

I've always thought Tulsa was worse,  after living in both regions and following the weather for many yrs now.  Tulsa issued a warning for Benton Co AR at 930 this morning,  knowing the dominant precip type was mostly rain and sleet.  SMDH.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MoWeatherguy said:

I've always thought Tulsa was worse,  after living in both regions and following the weather for many yrs now.  Tulsa issued a warning for Benton Co AR at 930 this morning,  knowing the dominant precip type was mostly rain and sleet.  SMDH.

This, we both lived in similar areas. I feel Tulsa is about as bad as I ever seen. When I lived in Jersey Mount Holly was terrible too lol. Not to bash, I know how hard this stuff has to be but sometimes(like your warning lmao) its just common sense not to do some things lol.

On a side note, temp is falling rapidly now...down to that magic number 33 here in the back yard. And I see giant sized flakes coming down!! Anything up there man?

49 minutes ago, NwWhiteOut said:

This, we both lived in similar areas. I feel Tulsa is about as bad as I ever seen. When I lived in Jersey Mount Holly was terrible too lol. Not to bash, I know how hard this stuff has to be but sometimes(like your warning lmao) its just common sense not to do some things lol.

On a side note, temp is falling rapidly now...down to that magic number 33 here in the back yard. And I see giant sized flakes coming down!! Anything up there man?

One thing this country is missing.. common sense lol.  Yah we had about a 20 min flurry of bigger flakes here.   Nothing sticking, though.  Another bust here. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, NwWhiteOut said:

I think tulsa is light years better than SGF in general, but their winter weather forecasting isn't great. That warning never made sense. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MoWeatherguy said:

One thing this country is missing.. common sense lol.  Yah we had about a 20 min flurry of bigger flakes here.   Nothing sticking, though.  Another bust here. 

Is so very true, or not being able to look out a window and see what its doing outside LOL! It snowed for about 2 minutes here, Im not kidding either haha. I lost count of the busts here now this winter, at least for the fayetteville area

1 hour ago, The Waterboy said:

I agree with you guys that the Benton County warning was a major head scratcher.   Especially for 3-5 inches.   Even if that was just for extreme western sections because that didn’t even happen.  Very odd for sure.  Radar and actual temps at 33-34 should have been a big clue.  

You, Whiteout,  and myself are working on 6 years without a 4+ inch storm.  Really incredible when u think about it.  I'm about to the position we may be years away from seeing a big one.  Maybe a freak March storm??

2 minutes ago, MoWeatherguy said:

You, Whiteout,  and myself are working on 6 years without a 4+ inch storm.  Really incredible when u think about it.  I'm about to the position we may be years away from seeing a big one.  Maybe a freak March storm??

Man dont remind me how long its been haha, J/K. I guess we are the 3 left to be unlucky ones? Its been flurrying here off and on again man lol, also a lot of returns(seems to be holding together still) coming from the SW that may give us something here in a bit!! Air should be juicy enough still too.