Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
MO/KS/AR/OK 2019-2020 Winter Wonderland Discussion

JoMo

35 minutes ago, MoWeatherguy said:

Waterboy, we're toast here in NW AR.  These models get warmer and worse for us once inside 36 hrs.

It looks that way.  Very frustrating.   This one looked promising since 3-4 days out the trend was SE of us which is exactly what we want.  Then it shifts too freakin far.  
I’m not giving up yet but it ain’t looking good.  

Something that has been getting overlooked is concern for icing. SE OK, NW AR, and Southern MO is notorious for getting Ice storms with systems like this due to the terrain as the cold air needs more time to filter into the area thru all the levels. With it being as warm as it has been over the past few days I have my doubts if the cold air will fully arrive in time for any snow SE of I-44. Right now its mostly been the Canadian models showing it but the NAM and GFS have hinted a bit more on it too.

Though if I am realistic it will probably be 33 degrees and rain as it has been all season in my area. I will take that over ice.

cazr_acc.us_sc.png

24 minutes ago, NwWhiteOut said:

I don't think we will ever catch a break here man lol, u rdy to move back to your old stomping grounds yet haha? I know I am, I miss small town living

Damn straight I miss Missouri weather dude.  This is a dung pile for weather here. No big snow 5 yrs and counting.   I have a feeling spring is coming early,  too.  Chances are running out on us again. 

Just now, MoWeatherguy said:

Damn straight I miss Missouri weather dude.  This is a dung pile for weather here. No big snow 5 yrs and counting.   I have a feeling spring is coming early,  too.  Chances are running out on us again. 

Me too man, this place is just crap for snow lol!!! Last time it snowed decently was when we moved here in 2013..you wanna talk about a donut hole over this place!!! Its just unreal. Hell its like we went from fall and got teased in October right back to spring, warmest most boring winter ever

2 minutes ago, The Waterboy said:

GFS continues to be the warmest of all models. Question is, should we ignore it or is it onto something?  

Its getting warmer each run to many areas.  Idk how much warmer it can get?  If it keeps this up maybe it could be on to something.