• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
MO/KS/AR/OK 2019-2020 Winter Wonderland Discussion

JoMo

The Joplin metro is really struggling this winter in seeing more than just a dusting of snow. Seems when the temperature pattern is colder than normal, storm systems moving through the area lack moisture, or completely avoid the area. On the flip side, it seems when it's warmer than normal, there is usually plenty of moisture to work with (if we get a storm system) providing showers and even thunderstorms. We actually have a wetter than normal January in progress. 

Here’s a sobering comment in Tulsa’s overnight discussion.  Wettest month in 71 years and still no snow.  :facepalm:  

DISCUSSION...
A mainly dry stretch of weather is anticipated through the
forecast period, which is a welcome relief in many places that
have seen their wettest January in decades. Tulsa will end January
as the 4th wettest on record, and the wettest since 1949.

1 minute ago, The Waterboy said:

Here’s a sobering comment in Tulsa’s overnight discussion.  Wettest month in 71 years and still no snow.  :facepalm:  

DISCUSSION...
A mainly dry stretch of weather is anticipated through the
forecast period, which is a welcome relief in many places that
have seen their wettest January in decades. Tulsa will end January
as the 4th wettest on record, and the wettest since 1949.

I feel your pain. Dallas is on track to have its 5th wettest January on record. We've had a whopping 0.2 inches of snow, which is 2/3rds of what has fallen since March of 2015. And now (of course) we're entering a dry period during the peak season for snowfall here. An utter disaster 

• Like 1

In OKC we're having what would be average for Dallas, with a grand total of 9.6" of snow and four days of snow cover since March of 2015. Wait that's actually below normal even for Dallas. Lol. Tulsa's doing even worse than us, and they even average slightly more snow.

Springfield is also having snow amounts that are more in line with normal for Little Rock, and Wichita is having what would be considered below-normal years in OKC.

That’s it. I don’t care. I’m declaring this. “The One”. Yes, I know it’s the long range NAM, yes, I know the storm hasn’t been sampled yet, yes, I know there’s no science behind my claim.

But I don’t care. I’m going to will this to happen! Not these numbers necessarily, but I’m declaring this is the one that breaks our 3 inch snow drought!  C4F9E119-C6DC-4DE4-B4D9-9EF00AF2FBE1.thumb.png.df78a70b799925f0587b3237c5f607c2.png

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, JoMo said:

I suspect it'll snow somewhere on Wed. Not sure where the heaviest will be and how heavy it is though. 

Well if the models are showing snow in TX then there's probably a 30% chance the snow makes it as far south as northern Kansas. Who knows!