• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
MO/KS/AR/OK 2019-2020 Winter Wonderland Discussion

JoMo

When I headed into work, that band was weakening as it moved east, but must have re-intensified as it moved into the springfield metro. I-44 is closed down in a couple spots due to accidents, and there are numerous other accidents around town. 

That band this morning did nothing here really, started to snow heavy for less than a minute then right over to light sleet and was done. Had a wee bit of sleet and now drizzle all mid morning, temps rose to 34 quick so the sleet melted right off(wasn't a lot). Pretty much another bust of a forecast for here again, looks to get nice and balmy next week again lol

30 minutes ago, NwWhiteOut said:

That band this morning did nothing here really, started to snow heavy for less than a minute then right over to light sleet and was done. Had a wee bit of sleet and now drizzle all mid morning, temps rose to 34 quick so the sleet melted right off(wasn't a lot). Pretty much another bust of a forecast for here again, looks to get nice and balmy next week again lol

That doesn't really sound like a busted forecast to me. Wasn't advisory for up to an inch?

Based on previous conversations here I’m not sure this holds much merit but I’ll throw it out anyway.  One of the short range models (WRF-ARW2) shows some fairly impressive wraparound snow.  Has snow in Benton Co, AR for 18 hours straight from hr 30 to 48.  
The NAM has the same rough idea but not near as bullish.  

Again, note my disclaimer this may be garbage. But interesting.  And still gives a bit of hope for some backside fun.    

1 minute ago, The Waterboy said:

Based on previous conversations here I’m not sure this holds much merit but I’ll throw it out anyway.  One of the short range models (WRF-ARW2) shows some fairly impressive wraparound snow.  Has snow in Benton Co, AR for 18 hours straight from hr 30 to 48.  

Again, note my disclaimer this may be garbage. But interesting.  And still gives a bit of hope for some backside fun.    

Yeah, Canadian also has it, but temps are warmer so it falls as rain. Worth watching for sure. 

40 minutes ago, MUWX said:

That doesn't really sound like a busted forecast to me. Wasn't advisory for up to an inch?

They were stating a half inch total. I feel for at least here it was, I know it covered a large area. Just stating my observations for here in fayetteville thats it lol. It really did nothing at all, very very light sleet for 20 minutes but like I said it melted right off in no time cause the temps went above freezing during that period.

Just now, NwWhiteOut said:

They were stating a half inch total. I feel for at least here it was, I know it covered a large area. Just stating my observations for here in fayetteville thats it lol. It really did nothing at all, maybe very very light sleet for 20 minutes but like I said it melted right off in no time cause the temps went above freezing during that period.

The WWA advisory i saw stated up to an inch for that area, but doesn't really matter. They weren't calling for much, and no one got much lol 

4 minutes ago, The Waterboy said:

Heck ya never know, everything is so unpredictable.

5 minutes ago, MUWX said:

The WWA advisory i saw stated up to an inch for that area, but doesn't really matter. They weren't calling for much, and no one got much lol 

Yea in higher elevations, I dont think anyone in this immediate area got anything really(someone in Rogers said they got a half inch but it melted right off). And no it doesn't matter, I was just stating my opinion for here thats it

4 hours ago, Wx 24/7 said:

All the models give SW MO at least a dusting (some much more)... I am not even falling for that trick. 

Did you guys wind up getting anything up that way from this? I know in KC it snowed today but I dont think it stuck as it was 35 most the day there according to relatives and friends. It was actually colder today than predicted I will say that, 34 most the day but now the temp is slowly climbing and we are at 37 here. It is nice to have some cold around at least

12 minutes ago, NwWhiteOut said:

Did you guys wind up getting anything up that way from this? I know in KC it snowed today but I dont think it stuck as it was 35 most the day there according to relatives and friends. It was actually colder today than predicted I will say that, 34 most the day but now the temp is slowly climbing and we are at 37 here. It is nice to have some cold around at least

Not much. Had some snow/early. Roads slick for a bit but not much accumulation 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MUWX said:

Not much. Had some snow/early. Roads slick for a bit but not much accumulation 

Our friend in springdale said they had a wee bit on the grass around 6:30 this morning for about 10 minutes until the sleet started and temps rose. Doesnt sound like anyone got much of anything again :( its so depressing.

1 hour ago, The Waterboy said:

Bentonville has about 1/2 inch.  Local news said Fort Smith had an inch and Van Buren had 2.  Snow started there around 5 am.  I think the extra hour or so of darkness might have helped their totals a bit.  I was surprised to hear Fayetteville got zilch.  

It seemed the cutoff was 412 north for the half inch, then south of here near the tunnel. We are in a giant donut hole here in Fayetteville, has to be the terrain or something idk...baffles the brain lol. When I saw that band coming this morning on radar I for surely thought it was going to be snow, it did snow but it nearly lasted 1 minute or so and switched right over to light sleet. Weather can be so so strange ya know

1 hour ago, The Waterboy said:

Tulsa issued a WWA for a few counties in extreme NEOK/NWAR.  Up to 1 inch.  

I just saw it too, maybe it will over perform lol? Werent models being bullish with this yesterday? I cant remember now. We need to break these 1/2-1" usual's though with a darn good 5" snow, maybe we will all get lucky in Feb. who knows

23 minutes ago, NwWhiteOut said:

I just saw it too, maybe it will over perform lol? Werent models being bullish with this yesterday? I cant remember now. We need to break these 1/2-1" usual's though with a darn good 5" snow, maybe we will all get lucky in Feb. who knows

Pretty doubtful this thing over performs, more likely be on the low side of that advisory.