• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
MO/KS/AR/OK 2019-2020 Winter Wonderland Discussion

JoMo

An ongoing severe wx thread is buried somewhere. Feel free to bump it. One can also start an event thread should the need arise. 

16 hours ago, garfan said:

Do you ever mention severe weather in this thread when it's occurring during winter? 

On the winter side, if that West trough settles in a little more Central and forecast it could get interesting. Otherwise, yeah track severe.

• Like 1

Seeing ice storm warnings go up for the KC and Joplin areas...and it's possible those could be expanded south and west later. HRRR, RAP & ECMWF all prog significant freezing rain event (>.2") in C & E KS into NW MO tonight. 

Meanwhile, storms going up south of the stationary boundary in C OK. 

.WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 9 PM THIS
EVENING TO 6 AM CST THURSDAY...

* WHAT...Freezing rain and freezing drizzle. Ice accumulations
  of a light glaze to less than a tenth of an inch possible.
  Winds gusting as high as 35 mph overnight.

latest.oklahoma.winter.gif?cache_bust=1549490774091

1 hour ago, Weatherdemon said:

Enough ice to freeze windshields and car doors.

Enough flurries to put a very light dusting of snow down.

What a waste of another system.

N of here got .25 or more of ice.

Nothing here was a total bust of another advisory. Just as the storm moved away the temp finally dropped below freezing, has been the case all winter again lots of storms but just not enough cold air in time or it gets cold after the storm exits. Kansas City got it pretty good again, close to a quarter inch of freezing rain and about an inch of snow at our friends place.

I do see a rogue snow flurry here and there lol.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Weatherdemon said:

Enough ice to freeze windshields and car doors.

Enough flurries to put a very light dusting of snow down.

What a waste of another system.

N of here got .25 or more of ice.

I will take nothing over an ice storm any day of the week.

MoWeatherguy, I take it you got some also? Was supposed to stop "flurrying" at 10am lmao. And yep its funny, all the snow this season so far has been unexpected or not even mentioned events! Yet you get all these hypes and advisories that bust non stop and never happen, would love to have a job where I could be wrong 90 percent of the time and still get paid haha.

We are probly topping a whopper of 1.3" for the season or so now maybe a smidge more lol

52 minutes ago, NwWhiteOut said:

Amber....for whatever reason you cant see the snow coming down but its snowing really good currently. Is starting to finally stick now! Looky

20190207_170613-800x600.jpg.fdf34d2bdef1e17874ef0443dbbd1e00.jpg20190207_170643-800x600.jpg.af97182da0d25b5dfc95d28852391f84.jpg

Ive been a mainly lurker on the forum for almost ten years now and just dropped in to say howdy neighbor :D. (I live on Wildflower)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, schoeppeya said:

Ive been a mainly lurker on the forum for almost ten years now and just dropped in to say howdy neighbor :D. (I live on Wildflower)

Wow what a small world! How crazy haha, hello hello!!! Welcome to the forum!! Hope you stay and join in more, we are all one big forum family in here for a longggg time now.

2 hours ago, NwWhiteOut said:

MoWeatherguy, I take it you got some also? Was supposed to stop "flurrying" at 10am lmao. And yep its funny, all the snow this season so far has been unexpected or not even mentioned events! Yet you get all these hypes and advisories that bust non stop and never happen, would love to have a job where I could be wrong 90 percent of the time and still get paid haha.

We are probly topping a whopper of 1.3" for the season or so now maybe a smidge more lol

Yah got another dusting of light snow here.   I might,  might,  be at 1 inch this yr total.   Sad and true.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, StormChazer said:

Euro and gfs both agree on a winter system coming through a week from tomorrow. I think this is the last storm I’ll give any hope into before calling it quits this winter. Now we wait.

The Weather Channel is buying it as of now for the 18th/19th lol

IMG_3211.PNG

9 minutes ago, StormChazer said:

Sure does look like something is shaping up in the vicinity just 1 week out, not bad odds, I'll take it for now. Also a surprise 3-4 inches in Tulsa this Friday on the latest run of the GFS.

I saw that. Euro is not picking it up.

Pattern looks favorable for *some* type of winter system for the southern plains next weekend/early next week. That’s about all that can be said at this point. As everyone knows models have been abysmal this year in the day 5-7 range so expect tons of shifting around. Don’t hang your hopes on any one model run.