• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
MO/KS/AR/OK 2019-2020 Winter Wonderland Discussion

JoMo

There was lots of hype here in Topeka,models showing several inches. I think we will end with 3-4 and some wind. The last storm finally melted today almost completely. I still have hope for you guys down south, but based on what radar looks like not much.

23 minutes ago, mbkemp said:

There was lots of hype here in Topeka,models showing several inches. I think we will end with 3-4 and some wind. The last storm finally melted today almost completely. I still have hope for you guys down south, but based on what radar looks like not much.

Thanks for the high hopes, we have friends in KC and they have been getting some stuff off and on. Nothing like the early 2000's when I lived up there but way more than what we are getting in this place lol. It's just a snow drought down here extremely bad!! Last time we had really good measurable snow here was eh probly back in 2014 haha.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Weatherdemon said:

Another cold rain.

At least there is some lightning, thunder, and wind though.

Just windy here, 53 currently lol. I dont even have words anymore, just complaints haha

Bad lightning here now too and heavy rain, thunder. I think I read that forecast wrong earlier, advisory dont start til 4am til noon. Forecast did change though

Misty Rain, 33 lol. Tulsa changed the advisory again from 6am now til 6pm but this storm looks to be over as the cold front moves in. The magical half inch to a dusting of snow expected, same ole same ole again. Man did it pour and storm most of the night, shame another waste of a ton of moisture!!! The wind is brutal out there though no doubt.

Update 3---Snowing 30 degrees, everything is freezing up now. Snow cant get a chance to stick cause of this brutal wind though. I see some big flakes mixing in too with the misty stuff. Snowing good, 28 degrees and everything is white coated now.

• Like 2

Got about 3/4 of an inch now, still off and on decent snows! The most now in 4 seasons lol, and by far not a lot but I will gladly take it before the next weird temp spike kicks in. Just once one of these big monster rain storms is going to clobber us all with snow, this just cannot keep happening!! Oh wait, yes it can

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ouamber said:

lol I see white dusting on rooftops and a few patches on grass! Zzzzzzzzz maybe Tulsa can get a WSW before we hit 1500 days! Not holding my breathe! This is by far the worst stretch of non-winter! Sorry to be a Debbie downer...

No need to be sorry, it is depressing and I am sure we all know this feeling all too well by now. We wound up getting just shy of an inch here, meh but I will take it ya know.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, MoWeatherguy said:

Yahh the nothing over 1 inch streak continues here.   4 yrs now.  How long can it go man.

I dont even know man, its just insane though. I can tell you I have never seen this in all my 44 years lol, never. I mean yea we are further south but darn our average is still what 9" here a season so wth lol. I was happy though and had some fun hikes yesterday, even in a measly 1 inch snow....thats just bad hahahaha

On a side note, tulsa is tooting about the chance of freezing rain tuesday night

• Like 1

.DISCUSSION...
A strong cold front is just about to enter the northwest corner of
the forecast area, and this front will sweep southeast across the
area this afternoon and evening. Scattered showers or areas of
light rain will continue to increase in coverage ahead of the
front, with a transition to a light wintry mix by later this
afternoon and evening as temperatures fall below freezing. Have
sped up the transition, and expanded the potential area affected
by winter weather based on current trends, following the NAM12
for temperature trends behind the front. Will hold off on any
advisories at this point, and continue to monitor trends over the
next few hours.

Update on the way.

TSA

3 hours ago, NwWhiteOut said:

Well that was pretty much a non event bust last night lol, shocker. Had a little tiny bit of sleet off and on and some flurries here and there today but was nothing bad at all.

Yep. They extended the WWA a couple of hours and expanded it then cancelled it about 30 minutes early.

Models don't show anything as far out as I can see.

Since forecast events dies off within a couple of days of occurrence, can we not get a modeled non-event to turn into a surprise 3-4 inches?

• Like 1