• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
MO/KS/AR/OK 2019-2020 Winter Wonderland Discussion

JoMo

I don't post very often on this forum, but I plan to do more at the beginning of the year. I have been watching a trend of the forecast models (GFS/ECMWF) and they do suggest some light wintry precip in parts of the western Ozarks region around the first of the year. Merry Christmas everyone!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Doramo said:

Merry Christmas Y'all  Maybe snow by the 30th (?????) is showing up on the local online forecasts . To me,  just a mention of snow gives me hope and is much better than no mention at all like it has been lately . B)

I see it also for here now, tiny smidge of a chance saturday/sat. night then again for sunday night/monday!!!

Somebody throw me a bone here.   Euro weeklies, SST warming, anything positive for stormy and cold.   I'm getting a negative feeling about the rest of winter.   Been hearing a lot of talk about a good rest of the winter but shades of the past 3 winters keep popping up in my mind.  Rightfully so I do believe. 

15 hours ago, MoWeatherguy said:

Somebody throw me a bone here.   Euro weeklies, SST warming, anything positive for stormy and cold.   I'm getting a negative feeling about the rest of winter.   Been hearing a lot of talk about a good rest of the winter but shades of the past 3 winters keep popping up in my mind.  Rightfully so I do believe. 

No kidding, too warm again for the most part same ole same ole so far as the past 4 winters lol. Storms and moisture is here its just too warm though. I will not lie I am nervous, Its like this everywhere though, even on the east coast my mom said they have been overly warm also and lots of east coast rain storms so far.

22 minutes ago, NwWhiteOut said:

No kidding, too warm again for the most part same ole same ole so far as the past 4 winters lol. Storms and moisture is here its just too warm though. I will not lie I am nervous, Its like this everywhere though, even on the east coast my mom said they have been overly warm also and lots of east coast rain storms so far.

Yah it's just warm now, relatively speaking.   I was in Michigan for the holidays,  hoping to see snow.   Bare ground everywhere in lower part of the state.   Crazy.  I think we're headed for another clunker.  Weather has changed, man.

23 hours ago, MoWeatherguy said:

Yah it's just warm now, relatively speaking.   I was in Michigan for the holidays,  hoping to see snow.   Bare ground everywhere in lower part of the state.   Crazy.  I think we're headed for another clunker.  Weather has changed, man.

Man that is nuts, especially that far north! My buddy in Iowa said the same, bare ground there and they usually always have snow on the ground for xmas. I agree, whoever says global warming isn't a real thing is full of it....or maybe I am lol? I really do think it's happening. I see 50's creeping back into the forecast also by the end of this upcoming week again, meh whatever haha.

NAM, Euro and Icon(fwiw)all show a snow event setting up for North Texas up into Oklahoma and Arkansas on Wednesday into Thursday. 

The gfs has ever so slightly trended north the last couple runs, but not anything close to what the nam and euro are showing. This could be an interesting one that’s shaping up just a few days out(my favorite!).

• Like 1