Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    15,393
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    NW_of_GYX
    Newest Member
    NW_of_GYX
    Joined
JoMo

MO/KS/AR/OK 2018-2019 Winter Wonderland Discussion

Recommended Posts

Wishing everyone on here a Merry Christmas. Models consistently signaling for our next system of interest to be around the new year. 

This won't be the warmest Christmas (by far) but won't be the coldiest or snowiest either. Enjoy the weather, no matter the weather! :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Merry Christmas Y'all  Maybe snow by the 30th (?????) is showing up on the local online forecasts . To me,  just a mention of snow gives me hope and is much better than no mention at all like it has been lately . B)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't post very often on this forum, but I plan to do more at the beginning of the year. I have been watching a trend of the forecast models (GFS/ECMWF) and they do suggest some light wintry precip in parts of the western Ozarks region around the first of the year. Merry Christmas everyone!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Doramo said:

Merry Christmas Y'all  Maybe snow by the 30th (?????) is showing up on the local online forecasts . To me,  just a mention of snow gives me hope and is much better than no mention at all like it has been lately . B)

I see it also for here now, tiny smidge of a chance saturday/sat. night then again for sunday night/monday!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Somebody throw me a bone here.   Euro weeklies, SST warming, anything positive for stormy and cold.   I'm getting a negative feeling about the rest of winter.   Been hearing a lot of talk about a good rest of the winter but shades of the past 3 winters keep popping up in my mind.  Rightfully so I do believe. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, MoWeatherguy said:

Somebody throw me a bone here.   Euro weeklies, SST warming, anything positive for stormy and cold.   I'm getting a negative feeling about the rest of winter.   Been hearing a lot of talk about a good rest of the winter but shades of the past 3 winters keep popping up in my mind.  Rightfully so I do believe. 

No kidding, too warm again for the most part same ole same ole so far as the past 4 winters lol. Storms and moisture is here its just too warm though. I will not lie I am nervous, Its like this everywhere though, even on the east coast my mom said they have been overly warm also and lots of east coast rain storms so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, NwWhiteOut said:

No kidding, too warm again for the most part same ole same ole so far as the past 4 winters lol. Storms and moisture is here its just too warm though. I will not lie I am nervous, Its like this everywhere though, even on the east coast my mom said they have been overly warm also and lots of east coast rain storms so far.

Yah it's just warm now, relatively speaking.   I was in Michigan for the holidays,  hoping to see snow.   Bare ground everywhere in lower part of the state.   Crazy.  I think we're headed for another clunker.  Weather has changed, man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, MoWeatherguy said:

Yah it's just warm now, relatively speaking.   I was in Michigan for the holidays,  hoping to see snow.   Bare ground everywhere in lower part of the state.   Crazy.  I think we're headed for another clunker.  Weather has changed, man.

Man that is nuts, especially that far north! My buddy in Iowa said the same, bare ground there and they usually always have snow on the ground for xmas. I agree, whoever says global warming isn't a real thing is full of it....or maybe I am lol? I really do think it's happening. I see 50's creeping back into the forecast also by the end of this upcoming week again, meh whatever haha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ya we've been talking about the UKMET and Euro runs too over in our STL forum. Glad to see your eyebrows raised slightly in regards to next week. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NAM, Euro and Icon(fwiw)all show a snow event setting up for North Texas up into Oklahoma and Arkansas on Wednesday into Thursday. 

The gfs has ever so slightly trended north the last couple runs, but not anything close to what the nam and euro are showing. This could be an interesting one that’s shaping up just a few days out(my favorite!).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wed. Night Thursday could get interesting. Looks to be cold wed. night so anything that falls should be snow, as of right now lol? Not gonna get my hopes up but maybe for once can we all get lucky and get some snow...just maybe haha?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×