• Welcome to American Weather

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

JoMo

MO/KS/AR/OK 2018-2019 Winter Wonderland Discussion

Sounds like you all did better than I. I am on the south side of Springfield, and from what I have seen, we haven't gotten anything more than heavy flurries. Nothing Stuck here. Still time for something to happen, but radar doesn't look overly promising currently.

6 minutes ago, MUWX said:

Sounds like you all did better than I. I am on the south side of Springfield, and from what I have seen, we haven't gotten anything more than heavy flurries. Nothing Stuck here. Still time for something to happen, but radar doesn't look overly promising currently.

It came down pretty heavily here for a bit. Probably got around 2" accumulation, but it's been melting, roads look good now. 

18 minutes ago, JoMo said:

It came down pretty heavily here for a bit. Probably got around 2" accumulation, but it's been melting, roads look good now. 

I think north of here did alright, and I know republic got a pretty decent amount but southern springfield was totally missed.

It was nice to see snow in November.  Temps needed to be a few degrees colder (good call JoMo).  But not a bad start.  We need the Thursday storm to shift NW by a couple hundred miles.  STL may get whacked per the 12z Euro.  

Any chance of a shift with it coming up out of the gulf/ArkLaTex area?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, The Waterboy said:

It was nice to see snow in November.  Temps needed to be a few degrees colder (good call JoMo).  But not a bad start.  We need the Thursday storm to shift NW by a couple hundred miles.  STL may get whacked per the 12z Euro.  

Any chance of a shift with it coming up out of the gulf/ArkLaTex area?

I'd definitely watch central Arkansas to central Missouri and points east with the (Thurs) upper low as of right now, weird things happen under strong upper lows. If it tilts faster than models project than maybe areas a bit farther west may be under the gun for some more snow. 

• Like 1