• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
MO/KS/AR/OK 2019-2020 Winter Wonderland Discussion

JoMo

Started off and got up to 44 here, it just started to rain big ole drops about 10 minutes ago. Temp has already dropped to 37 according to my weather station. Curious to see how this can pan out, all or nothing? Maybe something maybe nothing who really knows.

I notice Doug Heady mentioned on facebook that he doesnt think anything will come from this in southern areas. Looks like the good stuff happens in KC again idk.

1 minute ago, NwWhiteOut said:

Started off and got up to 44 here, it just started to rain big ole drops about 10 minutes ago. Temp has already dropped to 37 according to my weather station. Curious to see how this can pan out, all or nothing? Maybe something maybe nothing who really knows.

Yah man we knew how this was gonna end before it even gets started.   We're cursed here is all you can say.   Trends say nothing will happen. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MoWeatherguy said:

Yah man we knew how this was gonna end before it even gets started.   We're cursed here is all you can say.   Trends say nothing will happen. 

I know, Im not expecting anything to be honest cause I am tired of getting my hopes up for anything at all lol. I will say this temp keeps falling, just from my last message its dropped 2 more degrees man! So who knows, maybe something unexpected will happen? Maybe we will drop to that magical 33 degree mark and stay as a cold a** rain as always lol?

2 minutes ago, NwWhiteOut said:

34 now, Tulsa's latest disco thinks it remains rain here and temps will actually climb lol yet the advisory goes until 6am. I'm speechless and confused, will continue to just watch trends but it looks like dry air is working in also back to the southwest?

I have been noticing that.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NwWhiteOut said:

34 now, Tulsa's latest disco thinks it remains rain here and temps will actually climb lol yet the advisory goes until 6am. I'm speechless and confused, will continue to just watch trends but it looks like dry air is working in also back to the southwest?

Their discussion addresses everything you are confused about...

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, MUWX said:

Their discussion addresses everything you are confused about...

Its confusing when something changes constantly is what I meant, nothing more nothing less. Its an overall confusing forecast thats it lol, I feel like you want to argue with people on here sometimes. Maybe I am taking your posts all the time out of context idk, if so sorry.

30 minutes ago, NwWhiteOut said:

Loooks as there are some returns trying to get going once again in the SW.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, NwWhiteOut said:

Its confusing when something changes constantly is what I meant, nothing more nothing less. Its an overall confusing forecast thats it lol, I feel like you want to argue with people on here sometimes. Maybe I am taking your posts all the time out of context idk, if so sorry.

I probably just took your message out of context lol just a frustrating season all around. 

3 minutes ago, NwWhiteOut said:

Yep same here, is all good. I think we are all miserable and just pissed with all these missed chances non stop is all lol

Just a brutal pattern this winter. Tons of moisture, an ok amount of cold air, time has just been way off. For all the talk leading into winter, this one has been one of the worst I remember. 

• Like 2

Just now, MUWX said:

Just a brutal pattern this winter. Tons of moisture, an ok amount of cold air, time has just been way off. For all the talk leading into winter, this one has been one of the worst I remember. 

Last season was bad too, talks about how much snow we would get and how much colder it would be(last winter was cold I felt just dry). This season was bad though, every long range forecast I read was calling for above average snow and below average temps....crazy!

Have some minor ice accumulations on elevated objects like trees and light posts. Looks like the heavier rain rates earlier this afternoon helped prevent more in the way of ice accumulation. We did have sleet for a while, but the rain just washed it away. It's harder to get ice accumulation this late in the season without temperatures in the 20s during the day. I'm curious if the OKC metro will see any bridge icing tonight with the freezing drizzle. 

Hello Fellow Weather Buddies! Please help me graduate!! :grad:

As part of my Master’s capstone at the University of Oklahoma, I am conducting a study and would greatly appreciate your time in completing the following survey.

The focus of my study is to determine whether support resources in organizations can predict presenteeism, which is described as an act of attending work while mentally or physically unwell. This study will also research the effects that emotional exhaustion and work disengagement have on the relationship between support resources and presenteeism.

You must be at least 18 years old and currently in the workforce to take this survey. The survey should take only about 10-15 minutes of your time and is completely anonymous.

If you should have any questions or comments about this research, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Survey Link: https://ousurvey.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_9FuXTSdy9EIcrvT

Thank you so much! Have a fantastic day!
Amber Mullins
[email protected]

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ouamber said:

Hello Fellow Weather Buddies! Please help me graduate!! :grad:

As part of my Master’s capstone at the University of Oklahoma, I am conducting a study and would greatly appreciate your time in completing the following survey.

The focus of my study is to determine whether support resources in organizations can predict presenteeism, which is described as an act of attending work while mentally or physically unwell. This study will also research the effects that emotional exhaustion and work disengagement have on the relationship between support resources and presenteeism.

You must be at least 18 years old and currently in the workforce to take this survey. The survey should take only about 10-15 minutes of your time and is completely anonymous.

If you should have any questions or comments about this research, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Survey Link: https://ousurvey.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_9FuXTSdy9EIcrvT

Thank you so much! Have a fantastic day!
Amber Mullins
[email protected]

I did mine 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, StormChazer said:

If anyone was wondering who got it good yesterday.

image4.png.052dfafea45af3812dd544a523ace41a.png

Some places in SC KS got 10 inches of snow. The town of Kingman, just west of Wichita, picked up 3 inches in one hour as a band really intensified overhead. This banding feature was really well forecasted, starting with the 18z NAM on Monday and continuing throughout the event. 

Tab2FileL.png?6dd56991a548c0344cc2ef6486

• Like 1