• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
MO/KS/AR/OK 2019-2020 Winter Wonderland Discussion

JoMo

I hear you! Hahaha. I've been watching this time frame for a bit now, FV3 has overall been pretty consistent at making up for the last 4 years with this storm. GFS has the moisture more to the south, but nudge that precip shield up 150 miles and itll look about the same as the FV3.

Euro has a small icy area in the Arklatex area but that's about it. 7 days out and all major models say there's cold air and precip, some join them together for a great day, some don't, but the ingredients are there.

fv3p_mslp_pcpn_frzn_eus_29.png

• Like 2

Wayyyyy to far out lol, not buying any of this hype to be burnt again until its closer. Bullseye for here on that, will probly be far north and smash KC again who knows. In the meantime how is everyone enjoying this weird a** blowtorch weather we are currently having? Its 59 here lol, mid 60's to come....insane stuff for Feb I tell ya!!!

25 minutes ago, StormChazer said:

Euro just isn't biting on this at all. Someone is going to cave this weekend though. Will it be the GFS or Euro. Furthermore, who has performed better this season so far?

Also, NWS in Tulsa.

StormSnowAmt.png

I wouldn't count on them agreeing this weekend, I expect them to come into agreement next Friday. lol

• Haha 3

46 minutes ago, The Waterboy said:

Based on NWS Tulsa’s disco this afternoon those maps are errors.  They are going with the Euro.  

Fair statements considering their performance this year. They pulled their chiclet snow totals down to 1/3 inch of snow.

“Still some significant differences in the operational models concerning strong upper level storm system that will impact the region Thursday into Friday. Generally trended toward the more compact and progressive ECMWF solution that sweeps strong cold front through the area on Thursday. With this scenario, overall winter weather potential would remain limited as showers/thunderstorms move east before the colder air moves in behind front.”

54 minutes ago, ouamber said:

ugh...boooooooo!!!!:thumbsdown: Can the Euro ever be wrong?

Pretty sure it has been wrong several times this winter already but it was wrong when it was calling for snow and the GFS was not. IMO, side with the model that shows nothing then wait and see what happens. Typically, the model that shows nothing, is the correct solution.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Weatherdemon said:

V3 does except it puts some some decent snow N of I44. 

Hammers NE TX with ice though.

Shocker lol, is like I said it will probly give KC the smack down again I'm sure. Maybe I will go there if it pans out for kc again haha. My friend in Iowa sent me a pic yesterday and it looked like he had about 5-8" of snow on the ground there still!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NwWhiteOut said:

I cannot believe how warm it has been, ok I am ready for spring for sure now lol. Lets be done with these weird a** temp swings. Anyone else have weeds growing in their yards lol? They are everywhere here its insane, gonna have to bust out the weed eater already haha

Yah man its just like last winter.   Getting weeds early,  nothing has changed.   I'm gonna go ahead and throw in the towel on this winter,  not happening.  I don't like the new norm around here.   Even the deep south gets more winter than us.

1 hour ago, MoWeatherguy said:

Yah man its just like last winter.   Getting weeds early,  nothing has changed.   I'm gonna go ahead and throw in the towel on this winter,  not happening.  I don't like the new norm around here.   Even the deep south gets more winter than us.

Yea its just insanity, I dont think I have ever seen a warmer weird winter!!! Seen some warm ones here but nothing like this crazyness for sure lol. I'm with ya, throwing in as well haha. They are calling for some mixed junk later in the week but Im just not buying it, its freaking 74 out there according to my weather station. Maybe this summer is gonna be a sauna who knows!!!

9 minutes ago, NwWhiteOut said:

Yea its just insanity, I dont think I have ever seen a warmer weird winter!!! Seen some warm ones here but nothing like this crazyness for sure lol. I'm with ya, throwing in as well haha. They are calling for some mixed junk later in the week but Im just not buying it, its freaking 74 out there according to my weather station. Maybe this summer is gonna be a sauna who knows!!!

Yah who knows huh!  Maybe we need that really hot and dry summer to bust this pattern up.  I'm all for it so be it lol.

• Like 1