Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
MO/KS/AR/OK 2019-2020 Winter Wonderland Discussion

JoMo

1 hour ago, NwWhiteOut said:

30 percent chance of light snow and again wait for ittttt, a dusting possible LOL tomorrow afternoon. MEH, put a fork in this winter I feel its over unless we get extremely lucky which I doubt at this point. But on a positive note we will end this season with a smidge over an inch of snow hahahaha

Hey man,  4 straight winters without a snow > 1".  Not many on here can say that.   This place is cursed.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, MoWeatherguy said:

Hey man,  4 straight winters without a snow > 1".  Not many on here can say that.   This place is cursed.

Oh I know, I am actually in shock still from that 1"er the other day. The inner child in me and snow lover is still craving a good 8" snow storm though man! So what happened, did you even get anything up there from that lil snow? Someone we know in bentonville said they did not get squat so who knows, maybe was just luck of the draw here that time lol

34 minutes ago, NwWhiteOut said:

Oh I know, I am actually in shock still from that 1"er the other day. The inner child in me and snow lover is still craving a good 8" snow storm though man! So what happened, did you even get anything up there from that lil snow? Someone we know in bentonville said they did not get squat so who knows, maybe was just luck of the draw here that time lol

Barely got a dusting here in Cave Springs.   I would still love to get a big snow,  but I gotta say this winter is really disgusting me like the last 3, and thinking it's just time for spring.  Tired of chasing models and hype and can't get diddly s*** anymore. 

2 minutes ago, ouamber said:

It's snowing in Tulsa!! Oh how I wish we could get a long event like this! It makes me so happy!:snowing:

Its crazy how such small little snows can put a smile on our faces lol, sounds like me last week from that little 1" storm haha. They are expecting light snow here as well this afternoon, maybe a dusting lol but I will gladly take it

• Like 1

I LOVE IT! Haha, I'm snow starved so this is is like a sip of water in the desert. Is it enough? No, but it's enough to get me by just a little longer.

I just stood outside my work staring up at the sky letting the flakes hit me. It's sad that it's come down to this, but it is what you make of it. Euro and operational GFS pickin up on some snow in OK next Friday.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, NwWhiteOut said:

It fell fast enough to make my neighborhood road mostly white from a pic my wife sent. Made some elevated surfaces white in downtown Tulsa. Was fun walking back from lunch with some snow!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MoWeatherguy said:

Coming down at a good clip in Springdale now.

What did you wind up getting man? We picked up close to half an inch actually here. The back roads are solid ice now!!! Probly could ice skate on these suckers, been hearing lots of tires spinning from people trying to get up their driveways.

1 hour ago, NwWhiteOut said:

What did you wind up getting man? We picked up close to half an inch actually here. The back roads are solid ice now!!! Probly could ice skate on these suckers, been hearing lots of tires spinning from people trying to get up their driveways.

I wouldn't even call it a dusting, was coming good for awhile but didn't last. Typical.

Man so far all those long range forecasts I read before winter got going, complete and utter busts yet again this season lol. I know it's long range but darn, a lot of good ones stated we would be having way above average snowfall and below average temps....uh huh. Anywho, lets see maybe 1.4" inches or so this season so far. Yea way more than the previous 3 seasons or 4 (whatever it is, I lost track now lol) but dang man this is pathetic.

4 hours ago, NwWhiteOut said:

Man so far all those long range forecasts I read before winter got going, complete and utter busts yet again this season lol. I know it's long range but darn, a lot of good ones stated we would be having way above average snowfall and below average temps....uh huh. Anywho, lets see maybe 1.4" inches or so this season so far. Yea way more than the previous 3 seasons or 4 (whatever it is, I lost track now lol) but dang man this is pathetic.

Yes they are huge busts so far.  I really don't see that changing,  either.   I'm just shaking my head at the 4 yr drought here,  never seen the likes of this before. 

6 minutes ago, NwWhiteOut said:

Crazy, enjoy! That seems to be where all of our biggest ones keep coming from as well, surprise pop up things that are unexpected!

Yep! I am sitting in at least moderate snow right now. Starting to get that foggy look outside. 

• Like 1