Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
MO/KS/AR/OK 2019-2020 Winter Wonderland Discussion

JoMo

24 minutes ago, ouamber said:

Good luck to all you MO folks!! The excessive cold rain and days without a WSW here is Tulsa is over 1400 days now. It's an absolute joke! I see nothing on the horizon to get even remotely excited about. All this talk about "this will be the year to break the snow drought" LIES! (Yes, I'm pouting.... #SorryNotSorry #This"winter"sucks!

At some point, we just have to consider that this is the new normal 

I found this article by NW AR Meteorologist Darby Bybee to interesting. 

Excerpt: "Yes, global warming is almost certainly playing a role here. You can't warm the earth little by little, and expect it won't have an affect on snow patterns in parts of the mid-south."

https://www.4029tv.com/article/streak-of-no-snow-continues/25844448                                           

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, garfan said:

I found this article by NW AR Meteorologist Darby Bybee to interesting. 

Excerpt: "Yes, global warming is almost certainly playing a role here. You can't warm the earth little by little, and expect it won't have an affect on snow patterns in parts of the mid-south."

https://www.4029tv.com/article/streak-of-no-snow-continues/25844448                                           

Good read.   At some point maybe the dam will break. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JoMo said:

Late Jan and Feb/March will pick up. This is El-Nino climatology. 

I want some of your optimism there JoMo lol. 30 percent chance of rain tonight, its pouring down here

Highly agree to that post also abt. global warming, no doubt abt. that playing a role everywhere. Maybe eventually we will go into an ice age and get so much snow that we start complaining in reverse lmao

NAM raised snow amounts like it is playing catch up to the Euro. NAM still relatively lower amounts might be due to surface and ground temps. However right after Thanksgiving the Euro scored a big coup even inside the time frame where the NAM should prevail. Might have happened one other time, but I remember Thanksgiving more thanks to visiting KCMO. 

Looks like a big I-70 special from KC to STL. Everyone enjoy! And the Chiefs better win!!

PS. Climate blog looks solid. More TV Mets should do that.

3 hours ago, MoWeatherguy said:

I'm feeling better about the long range.   Models are strongly hinting at a change coming.   I think winter is about to wake up!

yeah, models are trash, but it's generally climatology in El Nino years that favor good periods from late Jan through Mid-March or so in this area. 

3 hours ago, MUWX said:

33 and rain for the last 8 hours. Bring on severe weather season, I'm over winter. 

Been doing the same here too lol, all day up down temp swings. Rain starts coming down and temp plummeted to right around 33, it stopped temp spiked back up to 36. It's been doing this all winter with these storms so far :( cold stinky rain haha

Tulsa says rain over to snow tonight after 7pm until 1am lol. And nvm, tulsa now says just chance of flurries tonight lol. Amazing how fast it can change just like that, back and forth back and forth

PS...our friends in KC sent a few pics of the snow up there, I am so jelous! We almost went up there for the weekend too, I kinda regret not going. Trying to get a pic without people in it for you guys. It looks like about 4" on the ground in southern kc

11 hours ago, Wx 24/7 said:

So who wants to talk about next weekend's storm? Anyone? *Crickets* 

That storm is likely to track too far south for NW of I40/I44 and could be too far south for anyone north of the Red River. The storm is a great candidate for suppression with the seasons first true Arctic outbreak. I expect maybe light snow with the front followed by very cold temps. KS and N OK could drop below 0 pretty easily with this storm and there is potential for the whole region to do so as models make their SW shift with this storm. This looks like a I20 storm in the Southern Plains shifting up towards I40 as it moves east. This storm is the beginning of what should be a 6 week stretch of regular winter storms for the Southern Plains so we all should get our share of snow.