Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
MO/KS/AR/OK 2019-2020 Winter Wonderland Discussion

JoMo

Monday thinking by the NWS Springfield, MO

"Models are again showing a low passing south of the area with precipitation across the region on the northern side of the system. If the track holds, the confidence in this is low for now, then the Ozarks would see the potential for a rain/snow mix for the end of the week into the weekend."

56 minutes ago, Wx 24/7 said:

I won't get excited about the weekend system. I won't get excited about the weekend system. I know the models are pulling a trick. I won't get excited. I won't. 

Seems as though most on here arent excited, but I guess it will likely be east of many on here. Still, it is real quiet around here. 

1 hour ago, Chinook said:

This potential storm system is now getting into the WPC 72-hr snow forecast

cEfXAia.png

SGF going with dusting-2 for the metro, nothing out west, and 2-4 east. Pretty decent differences compared to the pic above. 

48 minutes ago, StormChazer said:

While I never got my hopes up for this system for Tulsa. Seeing that if the forecast was just 2 or so degrees cooler we could be looking at some amazing snow is frustrating. Feels like wasted opportunities.

It is wasted,  just like this winter already is.  It will be spring before you know it.  

57 minutes ago, MUWX said:

At least you guys were never in it. SWMO is about to have another one ripped away after looking like we were in a good spot.

Yeah. I hear you. Springfield has gotten the shaft worse than St. Louis these past several years.

By the way, I went to high school in Republic so I'm very familiar with the area.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Wx 24/7 said:

Snow snow all around... but this donut hole is frustrating. Need to watch surface temps closely but looks like I am out of this one, too. Folks to the NE of us... enjoy!

It does feel like a giant donut hole here as well lol, friday night says 34 degrees and rain...such a shame and a waste of yet another decent batch of moisture. All storms so far have been at this borderline temp at around 33-35 degrees its insane! Northwest arkansas and sw areas of missouri just cannot win these past 4 seasons

Good luck to all you MO folks!! The excessive cold rain and days without a WSW here is Tulsa is over 1400 days now. It's an absolute joke! I see nothing on the horizon to get even remotely excited about. All this talk about "this will be the year to break the snow drought" LIES! (Yes, I'm pouting.... #SorryNotSorry #This"winter"sucks!

• Like 2