Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
MO/KS/AR/OK 2019-2020 Winter Wonderland Discussion

JoMo

1 hour ago, westhope84 said:

Whoa. If the Euro is even half right, Tulsa NWS and all area meteorologists will need to make some huge changes to the forecast quickly. 

Is anyone buying the Euro solution for snow in Tulsa?

Does not appear so TSA calling for less than one inch in Tulsa at this time. Going for the rain over snow or ice. 

• Like 1

Well I just picked a fantastic day to be flying back to OKC from vacation. :axe:

Both the 00z and 12z OUN soundings showed a relatively classic ZR profile, although that should change later with dynamical cooling aloft associated with the cold core ULL. Could be the most significant snow accumulations in the region since Feb 1-2, 2011 (GHD storm). Saw a recent report of TSSN in Lawton as well.

For most of NE OK

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM CST THIS
EVENING...

* WHAT...Mixed precipitation. Sleet and snow accumulations of up
to three tenths of an inch and ice accumulations of up to a 
tenth of an inch are expected.

* WHERE...Portions of east central and northeast Oklahoma.

* WHEN...Until 6 PM CST this evening.

* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Plan on slippery road conditions,
especially on bridges and overpasses, where surface temperatures
hover near or slightly below freezing

The showery and spotty nature to the precip with temps near freezing doesn’t have me enthused about accumulations for OKC area. Lull periods will allow for melting, if we can ever get the precip to flip to all snow in the first place. Back and forth precip types dependent on rates so far.

13 minutes ago, David Reimer said:

I wouldn't mind a switchover to sleet and snow in OUN at this point. This FZRA garbage needs to stop. We're starting to lose trees and I really don't want to flirt with power outages. It's all fun and pretty until the power goes out :lol:

I remember being there for the January 2010 storm and we were about 1-2 hours away from disaster and repeating 2007.  Thankfully right as we were nearing it we flipped to sleet and avoided another mess.  I think we got about 3/4 inch of ice between about 10am-1pm before we went over to sleet.  Got 6-7, inches of snow the next day which was mostly unforecast outside of Mike Morgan who either got lucky or saw something nobody else did 

34 minutes ago, NwWhiteOut said:

Sounds like it will nothing but all rain here tonight, 1-2" of another wasted storm on 33 degrees and cold cold rain lol. Such a shame to keep wasting all this moisture :( . Really depressing to say the least

Yah this is disgusting.   A wasted upper low in the perfect spot for us, no cold air.  Tulsa Nws knee jerking back to just rain now.  Lol what a joke.

39 minutes ago, MoWeatherguy said:

Yah this is disgusting.   A wasted upper low in the perfect spot for us, no cold air.  Tulsa Nws knee jerking back to just rain now.  Lol what a joke.

I know, just pathetic really. I had the gut feeling, the forecast changed sooooo many times its confusing. Heck even yesterday and last nights advisory was a bust yet again lol, no shocker there though either lol. Times and winters this bad really make me miss Missouri man! I know its not even that great there lately for snow, but no where near as bad as this pathetic donut hole area is haha

WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 AM CST FRIDAY...

* WHAT...Rain and freezing rain. Ice accumulations up to one tenth 
of an inch are expected.

* WHERE...Osage, Washington OK, Pawnee and Tulsa Counties.

* WHEN...Until 6 AM CST Friday.

* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...The ice will impact travel 
conditions. Be prepared for reduced visibilities at times.